Whats for tea tonight?

I had Chili con Carne with lots of mixed peppers in it with paprika wedges made from my second HeB of potato, topped with fat free Fromage Frais and my HeA of cheese. YUM :D

Attachments

• dins3rdmarch.JPG
    dins3rdmarch.JPG
    26.2 KB · Views: 112
Just had salad consisting of lettuce , tomatoes, cucumber , radish , beetroot, egg and sweetcorn ( mushroom on hubby's I can't eat it raw) with savoury rice and King prawns and scallops cooked in half a teaspoon of flora light and chopped garlic :))
Was lush :))) may stink of garlic at work tomorrow but who cares that was yum :)))))

Natasha - faggots are luuuuuuush! My toddler loves them and o have to try really hard not to eat any!

I ended up having a weird combo - cauliflower mash with quorn sausages cooked with some tinned toms and a bit of bovril. Oh, with fromage frais on top. Sounds weird but tasted nice!

dudette2001uk said:
Nothing for me tonight as I'm tired, in a bad mood, and can't be bothered to make anything :(

*hugs* x

my hubby says things like that - he is like a rake and so has never needed to diet!!!
your chilli looks good and I dont like chilli lol

Cheers Kate although the 'chilli' was quite mild, and left over from what I'll call my pretty fast soup - not quite superspeed as I didn't have all of the ingredients!!
Yeah, my OH can eat virtually anything too - bah, not fair
although he is supportive and asks me if I'm having a red, blue, green or purple day :)

oooooo purple whats that lol!!! is that when you can eat as much choc as you like and not put any weight on???? lol

I made the super soup from a recipe on here but am not keen on it not sure why tho something in it i dont like or a combination of flavours!!!

HaHa, yeah, cadburys purple,it's funny how colours nudge you somewhere, but I guess that's just great marketing.

Well, this was the 1st time I thought about making a superspeed,
but, didn't buy anything special, so I missed out the carrots, parsnips and peppers, but added a tin of mixed veg, and some processed peas.
Just look down the list in the book as to what are SS and pick what you like...well, that's what I'm gonna do from now on - thre's some stuff I just don't buy - peppers for one, I quite like them from time to time, but we have them regularly at work - so I get my fill of those, and I only used one tin of toms - I don't much like tomato soup, unless it's Heinz... so I'm not eating that at 11.5 syns per tin!!
It's funny, I'll make & eat any soup except tomato... Oh well

Ive just made a huge batch of mushroom soup it tastes yummy so that is lunch for tomorrow ready
I am not keen on cooked peppers so aviod them where poss - i love heinz tom soup too but have avoided it so far but have never made a tomato soup from scratch as yet ever. I had one while away last week made in a cafe and it was wonderful - im guessing they roasted the tomatoes first as they had such a lovely flavour

Yes, agree, very likely if it was quite juicy flavoured they would have roasted them, also probably a fair bit of puree. Mushroom is good, haven't done one of thiose for a while. I made radish the other day :) quite tasty, strange colour though. I did an aubergine one some years back, tasted alright, but looked like cement!!
Did see a pea & mint one here, gonna try that soon

Mmm, radish, so, so, easy, I used 2 or 3 small onions, - 1 large would be enough, 3 bags of radishes (halved or quatered depending on size) and about 1.5-2 pints veg stock from cubes.....that's it, simmered until soft, and blitzed.... it's funny, the radishes go white.

Peppery taste but you wouldn't say...ooooh that's radish.

Mmm, beetroot soup, borscht, I ate that in Estonia, I've been there twice, so about 3 1/2 weeks in total, and had that most nights, but hot... might have a recipe somewhere, I'll see if I can dig one out, I do know it has bacon in it though...
Actually, although I haven't got around to it yet, but I intend doing a beetroot risotto, will be lovely and pink :)

it was borsht i was thinking of!!! I have a recipe from the lovely Nigella I can adapt thanks though
I have written a message on your wall so we dont hog this thread lol

Since it's the weekend it's curry time again so I'm having the 'butter' chicken from the Magazine with savoury rice, broccoli, cauliflower and maybe spinach & onion

Will be same tomorrow as well as rest of my family never eat the same as me :( x

Funky monkey said:
Since it's the weekend it's curry time again so I'm having the 'butter' chicken from the Magazine with savoury rice, broccoli, cauliflower and maybe spinach & onion

Will be same tomorrow as well as rest of my family never eat the same as me :( x

Thats not very supportive of them!!! My OH eats what I have - if he didn't he would go hungry lol

Back