1 tbsp mild paprika
Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
140 ml (1/4 pint) chicken stock
125 g (8 oz) canned tomatoes, chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp cornflour (synned) mixed with 2 tbsps cold water
Low fat natural yoghurt

method

1. Place the spray light and onion in a large casserole dish and cook on HIGH for 3 minutes.

2. Add the garlic, pepper, paprika, cayenne pepper if using and salt and pepper. Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 minutes.

3. Pour in the stock and tomatoes and stir well. Add the chicken and cook on MEDIUM for 30-40 minutes.

4. Blend the cornflour and the water and add to the chicken, stirring well. Cook for 6-7 minutes on MEDIUM or until the sauce thickens.

5. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Spoon yoghurt over the top before serving, if desired.

Hey everyone!

ohh we have paprika chicken a lot, its really tasty! In fact I made a batch today!

We had chicken tikka kebabs with slimming world wedges tonight. First time we have made them and they were a great success!!

kebabr.jpg

Hey fresh start new me thats makes my dinner in a plastic tub look pants :cry:

I see you are from lincoln I grew up there in Heighington :)

Wholewheat penne, simple tomato sauce (tin of toms & herbs with added fresh basil simmered for a while to reduce), HEA cheese. Yummy!

Im having sausages, mash and onion gravy :)

Having lasagna, actifry wedges and fruit pie for afters!

I'm having pasta with a home made spicy tomato and onion sauce. It's my favourite meal at the moment and free on green :D

How you do make the roast potatoes Jodie? They sound lush :)

Roast lamb leg steaks with parsnips and carrots, in tomatoes with herbs and garlic. Mashed potato with nutmeg. Yum Yum

After a disastrous weekend foodwise visitting my mother and coming backt to discover some lovely person had keyed all along the side of my car i having been fighting the urge to continue with the badness but instead we are having a compromise of "fried" potatoes with thyme and onion, stewed red cabbage and chicken livers with a bacon and marsala sauce. I reckon its about 4 syns overall so not too bad. Haven't cooked chicken livers before but at 40p a tub in tescoes I am rather hoping I like them!

Back