Whats for tea tonight?

Surely the carvery is ok so long as you dont go mad on spuds and yorkshires?? we just had a new one open, me and OH are going for his bday next month - cant wait!!! :D xx

It's not too bad really as long as I can stay off the ice cream or even yummier fudge cake-lols

Doing some lamb steaks on my george with rosemary and garlic sauted potatoes,green beans,garden peas and baby carrots..yum

Monkfish curry made by awesome OH. He watched some tv show and has SW adapted the recipe. Rather scared though, cause he added a scotch bonnet "for luck"...

Um, he got the recipe from the itv website and SW adapted. :)
Here it is
RECIPE DETAILS
  • Servings:6
  • Prep time:50min
5 cloves garlic
2 slices fresh ginger
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
2-3 large Spanish onions, grated
1 spring onion, chopped finely
1 tbsp Nam pla (Thai fish sauce) fish sauce and thereafter to taste
250ml hot water
680g filleted and boned monkfish
Fresh coriander
For the Burmese monkfish curry
  1. Heat the frylight in a pan over a medium heat.
  2. Add the garlic, the ginger, the chilli powder and the turmeric and fry for 2-3 minutes (had to add water here to stop it smoking).
  3. Add the grated onions, the spring onion, the fish sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes.
  4. Add the hot water and cook for 30 minutes until the onions have dissolved into the gravy.
  5. Add the monkfish and cook for a further 15 minutes.
As far as I can see that's syn free and delicious. :)

We had peppered steak pittas. Used a packet of Joes peppered steak and chopped it into bitesized pieces then fried it with onions, chillies, mixed peppers, garlic and mushrooms with fry light, once it was browned, added a bit of milk to make a peppercorn sauce then filled the pitta with the steak/sauce and had wedges and a salad with it. It was sooo yummy.

I wish my dh would cook! Even peeling the odd spud would be enough! Oh well!
I'm going to get some chicken out the freezer for tonight I think
I'm probably going to have it with mashed swede and gravy and I'll cook sw chips (on my new mesh chip tray thingy) for dh

Um, he got the recipe from the itv website and SW adapted. :)
Here it is

RECIPE DETAILS
  • Servings:6
  • Prep time:50min
5 cloves garlic
2 slices fresh ginger
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp turmeric
2-3 large Spanish onions, grated
1 spring onion, chopped finely
1 tbsp Nam pla (Thai fish sauce) fish sauce and thereafter to taste
250ml hot water
680g filleted and boned monkfish
Fresh coriander

For the Burmese monkfish curry
  1. Heat the frylight in a pan over a medium heat.
  2. Add the garlic, the ginger, the chilli powder and the turmeric and fry for 2-3 minutes (had to add water here to stop it smoking).
  3. Add the grated onions, the spring onion, the fish sauce and cook for a further 5 minutes.
  4. Add the hot water and cook for 30 minutes until the onions have dissolved into the gravy.
  5. Add the monkfish and cook for a further 15 minutes.
As far as I can see that's syn free and delicious. :)

wow thats sounds delicious, that will definitely be on my menu plan for next week. I love monkfsh :D

we are having beef and sweet chilli noodle stir fry :D

Trout fillets with Marks and Spencer veg pack, and some potatoes.

Chicken + tomatoey pasta bake, with cheese. And maybe some extra Parmesan if I can be bothered to stop off and get some. And a side salad :D

Snap! ilovelife. It's a real family favourite. We've been waiting for OH to come back from work all this week to have this. Enjoy!

Back