Whats for tea tonight?

We'll be having spicy tomato & veg pasta with cheese (HEA) sprinkled on top and a wholemeal pitta (HEB) garlic bread to dip

Im having a squash rice hot pot kind of thing my friend is visiting from Malaysia and is cobbling together a meal with what I had in the fridge & cupboards it smells gorgeous its got
Squash, Star Anise, Lemongrass, chilli, Garlic, cumin, corriander leaves a small pinch of cinnamon & nutmeg ground it all up in the pestle & mortar sprinkled over the squash which is now roasting
going to serve up with some rice thats cooking in the oven with some herbs & spices and spring onions in

That sounds nice, are you doing it as like a pasta bake?

Yes, I roast the vegetables (mixed peppers, onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, courgette) in the oven first, with some sezchuan seasoning, cracked black pepper and garlic, then when it's ready, I add it to the passata to make a spicy tomatoe sauce, then pour the pasta (already cooked) into mini roasting dishes and pour the sauce over the top, and then add 42g mozzarella and bake for 25-20 mins until browned.

The garlic pitta, I spray liberally with frylight better than butter, then add crushed garlic and sprinkle with herbs and grill until browned:) I'm getting hungry now, but need to wait til the kids are in bed to start cooking it.

aah i had the yummiest tea! A diet coke sauce (yumyumyum - my slimming world favourite!) with surf and turf mixture, and then diced squash, par-boiled then fried in fry-lite in mixed herbs.

sounds kinda gross written down but i loved it!:Dxx

Fillet steak,jacket potato,42 g reduced fat cheddar (heA),tons of asparagus,babycorn and garden peas washed down with a nice white wine spritzer....yummmm :D

Yes, I roast the vegetables (mixed peppers, onions, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, courgette) in the oven first, with some sezchuan seasoning, cracked black pepper and garlic, then when it's ready, I add it to the passata to make a spicy tomatoe sauce, then pour the pasta (already cooked) into mini roasting dishes and pour the sauce over the top, and then add 42g mozzarella and bake for 25-20 mins until browned.

The garlic pitta, I spray liberally with frylight better than butter, then add crushed garlic and sprinkle with herbs and grill until browned:) I'm getting hungry now, but need to wait til the kids are in bed to start cooking it.
Mmmm! Sounds delicious! I might have to give it a try. Thanks for the recipe :D

Liver and onions with mash and loads of veg for us tonight!
I'm in the mood for proper MEAT so I'm looking forward to it!

I'm having a chicken tagine made in my slow cooker yesterday. Has tomatoes, chickpeas, carrots, apricots and honey in - 1.5 syns a portion.
Served with lemon, herb and pomegranate couscous

Missed my roast yesterday so having Roast Chicken, dried roasties, roasted carrots and Brocoli ummm cant wait!

Beans on toast!
Gotta dash out tonight so only time for a quickie tea. Love beans on toast though - I'm even using some syns for butter!

Back