Whats for tea tonight?

Tonight we're having the roast chicken dinner we were going to have last night before our plans changed.

I'm on nights from tonight, but I'm preparing stuff to take in with me! I'm doing a meal based on a recipe from the TV series/book 'Economy Gastronomy' and I mix chicken thighs/drumsticks (skin off) in a bowl with fat free natural yogurt, sweet chilli sauce, curry powder, ground ginger and crushed garlic then cook in a hot oven! It goes all sticky and yummy! I put 3 tbspns SCS in and count my 1/3 of the whole lot (3-4 pieces) as 2 syns. I make a savoury rice with mushrooms, red onion, red pepper, red chilli, peas and tomatoes spiced up even more with garam masala and turmeric! Yum X

We're on liver & bacon casserole which is in the slow cooker now smelling lush!!

Will have broccoli, sugar snap peas & some boiled pots with it too :)

I already had my main meal today so will probly have nothing or something really small and light

Cajun spiced chicken with s/w chips and loads super free veg xx

Well I don't really know what I'm having for dinner. OH and I are going for a meal at a local restaurant, where they are having a crab, lobster and champagne special menu! So probably lots of shellfish, by the sounds of it. I'm not sure I'll be fully on-plan, but I'll do my best with the menu I'm given.

either pasta bol or jacket spud with bol topping! cant decide!

Ohhhhhhh sounds goooooood!! Any chance of a recipe, or is it on here already??? x

Hiya - it was inspired by a chicken recipe on here but I changed it a bit. I made a curry paste in the wok using

Fry Light
1 dsp ginger paste*
1 dsp hot chilli paste*
1 dsp sun dried tomato puree
4 garlic cloves
1 veg oxo cube
black pepper
juice of a lime
juice of a lemon
splash of boiling water

Then added
box of quorn pieces
blanched fine beans
red pepper
half tub of EL philadelphia
splash of milk (from HeA)
1 tsp coconut essence (off ebay)
top with 2 dsp toasted flaked almonds

Serves 2
3.5 syns and a HeB per serving (I think)

*The pastes are these ones and are handy to have in the fridge (if you are lazy like me) and I reckon syn free as they are so low cal. Gourmet Garden. Fresh Made Easy.

Attachments

• DSCF3414.jpg
    DSCF3414.jpg
    329.4 KB · Views: 96
Oo that looks lovely.

I'm having a bit of a late dinner today, got a pork and lee pie in the oven! Smells pretty yum!

Back