Whats for tea tonight?

Thanks!! I LOVE Nando's so just take the syns for the pitta, HEA for the Halloumi and spice up some savoury rice with some chilli flakes and mash a tin of garden peas with mint & add a few chilli flakes in there, it is lovely!!

I am going to try that! Do you grill the halloumi?

Can't you use a Co-op wholemeal pitta and count it as a HEXB?

Not very exciting but have had a tooth out first thing this morning so havent eaten anything today yet.

SW quiche(ham/toms/mush/onion) and scooped out jacket potato will have a bit of clover with it and will syn it.

Another red day for me .... and it was going to be salmon fillet with stir-fried veggies and home roasted tomato sauce...
howevvvver after making baguette dough and turning it into a big ole pizza for hubbies dinner, 3 huge calzone (2 filled with cornedbeef hash -hubbies idea :p) 1 for hubbies work lunch tomorrow and 2 to freeze (if I can cram them in somewhere :eek:), chopping masses of veggies into stay fresh bags and making a pan of soup from the off cuts I can't be a*sed doing stir fry:giggle: -so its now the salmon fillet with tickled beetroot and tickled cabbage -which I adore anyway so i will have a big ole pile of it...
On the upside -all the veggies I have prepped will save me faffing for the next 5 days or so :happy036:

SaraC said:
Thanks!! I LOVE Nando's so just take the syns for the pitta, HEA for the Halloumi and spice up some savoury rice with some chilli flakes and mash a tin of garden peas with mint & add a few chilli flakes in there, it is lovely!!

Wow I didn't know you could use halloumi for healthy extra a, how much are u allowed?

I did a roast dinner as I was at home and poor old OH back to work, so thought I'd do his fave.

Pork fillets sprinkled with struffing mix before roasting (2 syns)
Roast Parsnips and potatoes done in frylight (free)
Yorkshire pudding (3 syns)
Gravy (only a little as tin of granules almost empty) (2 syns)
Loads of runner beans, curly kale and sprouts.

Worth the syns, and def worth the effort to put a smile on OH's face after first day back at work after the break.

Wow I didn't know you could use halloumi for healthy extra a, how much are u allowed?

Oh cr@p!! I've just double checked and it's not, sorry for those I told it was!! It is 4.5syns per 28g though so not too bad on syns! :wave_cry:

I am going to try that! Do you grill the halloumi?

Can't you use a Co-op wholemeal pitta and count it as a HEXB?

I fry the halloumi in Frylight as our Grill is rubbish but you can grill it too!

Yeah you could use a Co-op pitta but we use the Asda ones, I should really go to the Co-op which is about 5 mins away and get some to save me some syns!

I have just made the rice with 2 packets of savoury rice, some mild chilli powder, some chilli flakes and some Tabasco sauce. I can't wait for tea!

I had a steak (mahoosive but thin), caramelised onions (I think I ate a whole onion), 1 spud and a mountain of veggies (carrots, swede, broccoli, green beans)

Pasta and bologneise tonight, the sauce is tinned toms, leeks, celery and a big green/orange pepper :D with the mince of course

Chicken Salsina, and very nommy it was too ;)

We're having chicken with roasted Mediterranean veg and roast potatoes and garlic with rosemary. Hope it tastes nice without the feta on the veg and the chicken without any sauce or dip.

I had HM beef burgers, without the buns but lettuce, toms and cheese, SW chips and HM coleslaw. Im stuffed!!!!

we had scottish langustines/scampy (only £6 odd in Lidl) in the shell served with lemon wedges, grilled with fry light served with salad. Half a melon for dessert. YUM!

Spag Bol, pasta, salad & synning 2 slices of garlic bread :0) Looking forward already!

Got some pork steaks marinating in garlic, ginger, chilli, soy sauce, 5 spice and a bit of sesame oil (2 syns a tsp).

Going to stir fry them with some mushrooms, spring onions, more soy sauce and noodles. Plus some seperate stir fried peppers for me as hubby doesn't like them!

Back