Whats for tea tonight?

A colleague has just sat and ate a Greggs cheese & onion pasty in front of me and its got me wanting Cheese & Onion so im having

Jacket Potato with Cheese & Onion
going to soften the onions with a little fry light then mix in with the cheese and scooped out centres of the Jacket then put back in will do some peas to go with it as fancy veg but not salad

Gene Genie said:
A colleague has just sat and ate a Greggs cheese & onion pasty in front of me and its got me wanting Cheese & Onion so im having

going to soften the onions with a little fry light then mix in with the cheese and scooped out centres of the Jacket then put back in will do some peas to go with it as fancy veg but not salad

Oooo this sounds nice!! I'm jealous now but it's going on my meal plan for next week! Thanks for the idea.

I'm having spaghetti bol for tea made with one of the new oxo stock cubes, can't wait to try it.

What an idea! Except the peas, yucky peas! :jelous:

Can't decide if I want to use the last 9.5 syns of my week on lunch, dinner, or snacks! Tea, I think, shall be soup :) xxx

Stuffed peppers with tomato and chilli chicken, maybe with a little cheese melted on top.

Tandoori Salmon with salad, bay leaf roasted potatoes (xmas EE book) and sweet peppers fried in fly light with some balsamic vinegar and sea salt!

Bacon and butternut squash risotto with steamed broccolli

Salmon and stir fry veg with noodles.

Possibly stuffed chicken breast, with roasted potato gnocchi and steamed veggies.

Although this depends on the syns in the gnocchi.

Eat smart macaroni cheese with brocli and pepper added in with extra cheese!

I want this!!!! And I love peas ;)

I've thrown together some kind of Lamb stew which is cooking in the slow cooker. I picked up some healthy eating cubed lamb in Tesco for £2 reduced from £4 so have chucked it in with swede, carrots, onion, bns, sweet potato, lamb stock cubes and some fresh parsley and rosemary! Going to serve it with some roasted parsnips!

Cottage Pie with a serving of peas and curly kale on the side. :D

Just trying what to use my 14 syns on!

Sounds interesting! What is it?

prawnchopSuey said:
Ditto on the Chicken Salsino - sounds nice, but what is it?!

Salsina just means 'little sauce' apparently.
I don't know if what I do is a 'proper' recipe as such, but one of my friends taught me it - based on one her Italian mother used to make.
It's basically a bit like a thick, very tomatoey casserole, with tons of veg in.
I just bung a few (uncooked) chicken breasts into the bottom of a deep casserole dish, then chop up and add an onion, leek, garlic, mushrooms, red & green peppers, carrots, and anything else I have that needs using up - add couple of tins of chopped tomatoes, lots of mixed herbs, salt and pepper etc, and a small amount of water, and then bung it into the oven, on a fairly low temp, for a minimum of 2 hours. Any less than that and the tomatoes don't seem to come through, and it doesn't taste as nice.
I had it with boiled potatoes, and cauliflower last night, but it works great with pasta too.
It's one of those that I tend to make up as I go along, and just stop when it looks about right lol.

Tonights dinner kind of depends on whether or not OH remembers to pick up some tinned tomatoes on his way home or not (we had 8 tins in the cupboard on Monday, but I've been cooking up a storm the last few days to re-stock the freezer with 'homemade ready meals', and have totally run out :rolleyes:). But if he does, it will be tuna bolognaisey concoctiony thing (i.e. another one of those that I make up as I go along ;)).

Back