Whats for tea tonight?

E/E day - had diet coke chicken, (this time did the sauce seperately and it worked after boiling it for 20 odd mins!) and egg fried rice, was lovely! Got 1/2 a scan bran carrot cake for puds (3 1/4 syns)

for tea tonight i am having veg stirfry with noodles in soy sauce and thai 7 spices.

I'm going to make a SW quiche, and roasted new potatoes, with mxed greens.

Morning all

Im making carbonara for dinner tonight -using some of the gammon joint I cooked the other day, I just need to pay 3syns for some parmesan.
I will have mine in a small bowl and then I can have a plate of steamed cabbage and carrots nomnomnom

hi, i'm having a green day, so having chilli, with baked potatoe, but using mince as he:D

Veg curry and egg noodles, its my own home made Asian Fusion dish lol!!!

Going to the folks house for Home-made Spag Bol (a mix of quorn & lean steak mince)... Made by my wee mammy who is also on the plan

Only have to syn the tomato puree on EE

xx

Chicken & mushroom pie sounds lovely, do you have a link to the recipe please

I've tried looking everywhere online but to no avail. So I nicked my friends magazine that had the recipe so it goes as follows:

Chicken & Mushroom pies
Syns on EE - 1
For the Topping:
2lb/908g maris piper potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped.
3fl oz/85ml vegetable stock
salt and freshly ground black pepper.

For the filling:
4 skinless chicken breasts
Fry Light
4 baby leeks, finely chopped
4 lean rashers of bacon, all visible fat removed and roughly chopped
6 Spring onions
2 garlic cloves, crused
7oz/198g baby button mushrooms
2 Portobello mushrooms, finely chopped
14fl oz/397ml chicken stock
1tsp mustard powder
A small handful of fresh tarragon, finely chopped
1 Large egg, lightly beaten

1. Preheat your ovem to 220c/425F/Gas 7. Boil the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water 15.20 minutes, or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and add the vegetable stock. Mash until smooth, season and set aside.

2.Preheat a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken breasts for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until cooked through. Allow to cool slightly and cut into large, bite-size pieces and set aside.

3.Spray a frying pan with fry light. Add the leeks, bacon, spring onions, garlic and mushrooms. Stir fry over a high heat for 6-8 minutes. Stir in the stock, gravy granules and mustard powder. Season, bring to the boil then simmer gently for 5-6 minutes, or until slightly thickened.

4. Remove from the heat and stir in the chicken chunks and tarragon. Spoon this mixture into four individual pie dishes, or one medium size one. Top each pie with the mashed potato to form a "lid" and brush with a beaten egg. Bake in the over for 20-25 minutes, or until bubbling and golden.

It's very yum and homely. I normally do green beans and baby carrots on the side with extra portion of gravy which is another 1 or 2 syns. :)

I fancy slimming world chips..but i dont know what with. I was going to make Sw quiche, but decided im going to make it, but have it for lunch tomorrow at work, so i can save a healthy B choice for when i travel to London to see the Bf.

Back