Whats for tea tonight?

Chicken jalfrrzi from the Sw curry book, yum. X

met up with a friend, I was a good girl - 2x diet coke & 2x beer ( normally all beer and more than the 4 !!)
so got in around 11ish, walked passed all the KFCs, burger kings etc and had a toasted pitta (heb) remaining laughing cow from lunch, ham and salad... I feel good

Hi Debridger
Well done for the fab will power, you sound like you're in the zone!
I noticed we're the same height and are at about the same starting point! Keep it up! X

Just had a big bowl of Chow Fan from a recipe I picked up at group last week, was really quick and easy to make, which was handy as was called into work this evening and could not really be bothered with cooking too much when I got home!

Got a pack of mixed casserole veg (leeks, shallots, carrots, new pots & swede) reduced from £2 to 50p in Sainsbury's... will brown some extra lean stewing steak and make some Irish Stew.... with some Oxo.... freezing some for another day

Chow fan is kind of like egg fried rice, had never heard of it till I found the recipe in the folder at group! You fry of some onions and bacon, add a few eggs, mix until cooked, then add already boiled rice and beansprouts and then cook until very hot. Then just add soy sauce to taste, really simple but yummy!

charlies_mummy said:
Chow fan is kind of like egg fried rice, had never heard of it till I found the recipe in the folder at group! You fry of some onions and bacon, add a few eggs, mix until cooked, then add already boiled rice and beansprouts and then cook until very hot. Then just add soy sauce to taste, really simple but yummy!

Chow fan is the Chinese generic name for fried rice.

:)

charlies_mummy said:

That sounds yummy! :D

Been to Waitrose today and got everything I need to make low synned Tapas
Albondigas
Garlic mushrooms
Seafood anti pasti ( lemon & coriander dressing )
Saffron Rice

Last edited:
how do you guys & girls thicken your stews.... got the lean steak and veg in oxo.... would usually thicken with gravy granules, wondering if there is anything more SW friendly or syn free

xx

Some people add instant mashed potato Sally.
I just have mine a bit runny and then add the granules for the family.

I do find that if I have diced potato in a cassrole it naturally thickens the stock, must be the starch I guess.

Back