Whats for tea tonight?

Med/Rare steak with SW chips and large salad .....mmmmmyummmy.

Can any one give me the risotto recepie i dont have the mag, am a newbie to this! ?

I roasted some veg (sweet potato, large onion, red & yellow pepper, mushrooms), removed some onion & peppers when roasted and added them to a tomato and garlic sauce, stirred into a small portion of pasta with 2 pieces of bacon.

OMG it was gorge!

ok so tonight i had 2 asda reduced fat sausages, with a large helping of swede mash and i made a really nice mix of veg which made a lovely change from a plate of steamed veg.
- i had these in the fridge but it can be adapted to whatever you have
- 4 mushrooms sliced
1 leek
garlic clove crushed
half courgette chopped
2 handfuls of spinach
5 cherry tomatoes
spoonful chicken bovril

fry light the pan and add sliced leek and courgette, when brown add mushrooms and garlic. add tomatoes and bovril with a mug of water. when heated through add spinach, salt and pepper and let it bubble for 5 mins.

Hubby and I had britmums Fajita pasta but i used chicken instead of pork!

It was blinking lovely! Added mushrooms to the recipie, as i lurve them in fajitas, and also more passata to make it a tad more saucy, but not much!

Had some refried beans (free) on the side, and a tbsp of hot guacamole too - synned it, but cant remember how many, was only a few!!

Really yummy tea, I love cooking, and have found Britmums blog to be fantastic in my first week xx
welcome lorraine, and good luck x

So despite feeling rough due to a chest infection, I managed to make the bacon rostis from the SW booklet that came in last weeks mag for lunch.

For dinner made linguine with 40g of light Phili with garlic and herbs and a flaked salmon fillet all mixed up. Tasted gorgous.

I had mixed bean chilli with rice mmmm :D

i had some roast chicken skin off with homemade savoury rice , used some frozen mixed veg from the freezer used microwave boiled rice added some chicken stock about 100ml of water put in microwave for ten mins and was delicous

I just had 200g of McCain Rustic oven chips and some Chili Con Carne made with Quorn mince, and it was so good I could have licked the plate!

hi josie, do you have the recipe i love mushrooms. how was it? thanks

I made the recipe up but I'm sure I've seen a mushroom lasagne recipe in one of the magazines!
The one I made up was yummy anyway, especially cooked until brown n crispy on top :D

I used:
400g ish mushrooms
2 small diced onions (would have used frozen if i had them, I hate chopping onions!)
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Oregano or basil
Crushed n chopped garlic cloves (I used 3, but I love garlic, use as many as you like)
Lasagne sheets
Pot of quark mixed with 1 whisked egg
Salt n fresh ground black pepper (makes all the difference ;))

I fried the mushrooms, onions and garlic in fry light until slightly browned, add the tin of tomatoes, salt, pepper and herbs and heat through. Spread half the mix in the bottom of a lasagne-sized dish, top with lasagne sheets, top with the rest of the tomato mix. Put another layer of lasagne sheets on top followed by the quark and egg mixture, grind black pepper on top. Cook in an oven set to about 175C for 45mins or until brown on top!

Was yummy :D Might make a meaty one tomorrow but I love veggie foods so rarely eat meat!

I made the recipe up but I'm sure I've seen a mushroom lasagne recipe in one of the magazines!
The one I made up was yummy anyway, especially cooked until brown n crispy on top :D

I used:
400g ish mushrooms
2 small diced onions (would have used frozen if i had them, I hate chopping onions!)
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Oregano or basil
Crushed n chopped garlic cloves (I used 3, but I love garlic, use as many as you like)
Lasagne sheets
Pot of quark mixed with 1 whisked egg
Salt n fresh ground black pepper (makes all the difference ;))

I fried the mushrooms, onions and garlic in fry light until slightly browned, add the tin of tomatoes, salt, pepper and herbs and heat through. Spread half the mix in the bottom of a lasagne-sized dish, top with lasagne sheets, top with the rest of the tomato mix. Put another layer of lasagne sheets on top followed by the quark and egg mixture, grind black pepper on top. Cook in an oven set to about 175C for 45mins or until brown on top!

Was yummy :D Might make a meaty one tomorrow but I love veggie foods so rarely eat meat!

thanks josie so much, i will definitely try it. if you havent already tried it, try britmums aubergine lasagne, thats nice too. youre a star thanks so much:)

Ahh thanks mary will search :D

purplesky - did you find the soup recipe?? if not here it is.

Speed Soup Free on Extra Easy and Green ♥
1 can mixed bean salad
1 can green lentils
2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can baked beans
Handful of split lentils
2 large leeks
1 large onion
4 medium carrots
2 parsnips
Mushrooms
Green beans
Chillies
Green, red & yellow pepper
2 beef or chicken or vegetable stock cubes
Salt pepper
Mixed herbs
Water (enough to cover all ingredients)
1.Chop and put all vegetables in pan
2.Add all other ingredients
3.Cover with water bring to boil and simmer until soft
4.Can be left chunky or blended

good luck - everyone up wind from purplesky!

So despite feeling rough due to a chest infection, I managed to make the bacon rostis from the SW booklet that came in last weeks mag for lunch.

For dinner made linguine with 40g of light Phili with garlic and herbs and a flaked salmon fillet all mixed up. Tasted gorgous.

hi cyberjelly - what were the rostis like if you dont mind me asking and were they fairly easy to do, mine always fall apart during cooking. x

Ohh just saw you put the recipe up thank you that is awesome will be getting the ingredients for that after group tommorow will add thrm to the shopping list :D. Fank ooooo pepples

youre very welcome. good luck, let me know how you get on with it.x

Back