Whats for tea tonight?

Red Day so had a wholemeal role (he) with laughing cow (he) and smoked salmon, boiled egg, raw carrots to nibble along.

We just had Asda Extra Special Lamb Shanks in mint gravy, roasties, mash, carrots, green beans, broccoli, cabbage, sweetcorn, peas (I love loads of different veg on my sunday dinner) and 2 small yorkshires (6 syns).
The lamb shanks are absolutely lovely! A bit pricey for just two, but great for an quick, easy, syn free dinner now and then.

msrsimpkin said:
We just had Asda Extra Special Lamb Shanks in mint gravy, roasties, mash, carrots, green beans, broccoli, cabbage, sweetcorn, peas (I love loads of different veg on my sunday dinner) and 2 small yorkshires (6 syns).
The lamb shanks are absolutely lovely! A bit pricey for just two, but great for an quick, easy, syn free dinner now and then.

That sounds yummy but just checked the lamb shanks in the food directory as can't believe they are free and too good to be true I'm afraid! 3 syns per shank! Not too bad really but didn't want you to miscount your syns!! X

I sort of got a bit confused today and had 2 hexb on a extra easy day so changed to red rather than syning, which meant I was limited on food in the house, so made a little mixture of quorn pieces with tomatoes and onion, wasn't too bad really :)

That sounds yummy but just checked the lamb shanks in the food directory as can't believe they are free and too good to be true I'm afraid! 3 syns per shank! Not too bad really but didn't want you to miscount your syns!! X
Oh gosh, it's a good job you said that! I just checked and it's the garlic and rosemary ones that are free, not mint! Thank you so much for letting me know. Unfortunately, after my puds that puts me over my 15 syns :( Oh well, at least I know now :rolleyes:

msrsimpkin said:
Oh gosh, it's a good job you said that! I just checked and it's the garlic and rosemary ones that are free, not mint! Thank you so much for letting me know. Unfortunately, after my puds that puts me over my 15 syns :( Oh well, at least I know now :rolleyes:

I wouldn't worry that's why we all support each other on here! Just cut back on the syns tomorrow! I religiously check everything as trying to be 100%! we can do this if we all stick together and help one another out! Good luck!

I wouldn't worry that's why we all support each other on here! Just cut back on the syns tomorrow! I religiously check everything as trying to be 100%! we can do this if we all stick together and help one another out! Good luck!
As a rule, I do check everything before I eat it, but I could have sworn I'd seen on here that they were free (in fact, I'd written a list of free foods to look out for while I was shopping and that was on there). Maybe I got it wrong and wrote the wrong one down, or maybe they used to be free and are no longer. Who knows :p
I'm only over my limit by 1 syn anyways, so I'm sure it'll be fine. I'll just be more careful with the syns tomorrow. Hehe. I'll certainly be double and triple checking in future ;)

i had another chicken stirfry but marinated the chicken in balsamic vinegar with ginger and garlic - very tasty

I got back from work late so had a bacon sandwich...used a whole pack of bacon!! (just the medallions, gave the tail type bits to the hubby.)

Last night we had the blue cheese steak and Rosemary and garlic potatoes from the new SW magazine... Mmm gorgeous!

For dessert we had something that was recommended on here, melted Alpen Light choc and fudge bar, with sliced banana on top, layered with a mix of quark and choc & vanilla muller light, more sliced banana and then a tbsp of melted nutella on top, served in heart shape ramekins, really lovely, thanks to whoever suggested it x

Attachments

• image-3388821601.jpg
    image-3388821601.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 117
Back