Whats for tea tonight?

We had roast turkey, roast potatoes (SW way), cabbage, carrots and peas with gravey (syns accounted for!!) Was very nice :)

We had Thai Green Vegetable Curry from one of the SW recipe books. It was fab X

I had chicken marinated in yogurt and cajun powder and cooked in oven with champ beans carrots and turnip.

LorraineM said:
Does this actually taste of peas??? Daft question i am sure!!

Not at all
My hubby hates mushy peas and he had no idea at all when I served it up even said it tasted better than the locals takeaway

Not at all
My hubby hates mushy peas and he had no idea at all when I served it up even said it tasted better than the locals takeaway

Really?????/ oooooo may have to try it then! I love chippy curry! hmm!

Do you blend the peas?? are they whole?? I am a bit pea phobic lol - but willing to try!!

I've had tagliatelle with peas, onions, mushrooms, garlic and 100g Philadelphia extra light (HEXB on green) it was lovely, and even left some I was so full

LorraineM said:
Really?????/ oooooo may have to try it then! I love chippy curry! hmm!

Do you blend the peas?? are they whole?? I am a bit pea phobic lol - but willing to try!!

Yes you blend the peas plus the tinned tomato, cumin and curry powder
You end up with a smooth thick sauce
It really is yummy, I promise once blended
you won't know they are in there

Kally said:
Yes you blend the peas plus the tinned tomato, cumin and curry powder
You end up with a smooth thick sauce
It really is yummy, I promise once blended
you won't know they are in there

I might give this a try tomorrow aswell.

Spiced pork fillet with dill and asparagus bulgar wheat, cougettes and topped with butter bean humous!

OMG! It was fantastic :drool:

I had spinach and ricotta pasta from last month's magazine, and I have to say it was absolutely lush - tasted as good as anything you'd get at a restaurant. Really easy too, and only 6 syns or a hex. Will definitely be cooking that again!

Wicca303 said:
Decided to make tonight treat night:

Having SW donner meat
Chicken tikka (syn free)
Co-op wholemeal pitta (HExB)
SW chips (going to try and do them thinner than normal so they come out more like fries)
HM coleslaw (1 syn for elf mayo)
HM cucumber and yogurt dressing
Ketchup (Heinz will syn this)
And a big salad.

Aslo got a 2lt bottle of diet Pepsi

It's sad how excited I am about this. Going to have it quite late too, so I don't have the urge to snack afterwards. Might even go wild and watch a movie.

Ooh how to u make chicken tikka? I made the donner meat one and would be lovely as a mixed kebab!! Thanks x

My boyfriend made me a delicious and completely FREE Quorn curry! Dunno how he managed it, I've failed every time I've tried. He'll be making that again I'm sure!

I had the most gorgeous tea tonight, and will be doing it a lot more often too.

Chicken marinated in 2tbs nandos medium piri piri sauce then baked in oven for 20mins.
With SW chips and steamed veg..sweetcorn, carrots broccoli and peas.

It was lovely, and only 1/2 syn per tbs of nandos sauce, it felt like a proper treat tea all for 1 syn!

LorraineM said:
Trying SW KFC tonight for the first time, with SW chips, beans, corn cobs and coleslaw!! All thats missing is the gloopy salty gravy, but dont think we will miss it too much with everything else!!

Having a floor picnic with the kids and a dvd as a treat - something we used to do with a KFC bucket :p

There is a slimming world syn free onion gravy recipe on here try it my hubby loves it xx

Kelly85 said:
Ooh how to u make chicken tikka? I made the donner meat one and would be lovely as a mixed kebab!! Thanks x

It's really simple.

For 1 chicken breast slice the chicken thinly (you can chop it into chunks but i like it thin if i'm doing a mix kebab)

Mix 2 tbsp vff natural yogurt with 1 tbsp curry powder and 1/2 tsp paprika. Add this to the chopped chicken and allow to marinate for as long as possible. Fry (using frylight) until cooked.

Is nommy.

Back