Whats for tea tonight?

Jacket Potato, Cauliflower Cheese, carrots, peas, quorn burger. The cauliflower cheese was 5 syns worth of cheese sauce mix and 28g of cheddar on top..... bit of a waste of syns though because the sauce wasn't very nice. :( Could have had two 99 flakes instead!!
oh mongoosed, im sorry you didnt like it, i hate it when you really look forward to something and it wasnt as expected. can i give you a really yummy creamy sauce for cauliflower cheese?, you can even use it for pasta too.

1oz/ 28g flour
1/2 pint veg stock
4oz/ 113g grated cheese
1 level tsp dijon mustard
2 tbs fresh chopped parsley (if you have it, i dont always use it)
salt and pepper

whisk flour and veg stock in a pan until well combined, cook over low heat until thickened, stir in half the cheese, and whisk until melted, add mustard, parsley and seasoning and mix. gently stir in cooked cauliflower to give it a coating. transfer to ovenproof dish, put remaining cheese on top and add sliced tomatoes if required grill for 5 mins until bubbling and brown.
xx

We had Asda Sliced Beef in Gravy, Mashed Potato, Spring Greens, Roast Carrots & Parsnips and Garden Peas. It was absolutely lovely. Really hit the spot! :p

pebbles67 said:
oh mongoosed, im sorry you didnt like it, i hate it when you really look forward to something and it wasnt as expected. can i give you a really yummy creamy sauce for cauliflower cheese?, you can even use it for pasta too.

1oz/ 28g flour
1/2 pint veg stock
4oz/ 113g grated cheese
1 level tsp dijon mustard
2 tbs fresh chopped parsley (if you have it, i dont always use it)
salt and pepper

whisk flour and veg stock in a pan until well combined, cook over low heat until thickened, stir in half the cheese, and whisk until melted, add mustard, parsley and seasoning and mix. gently stir in cooked cauliflower to give it a coating. transfer to ovenproof dish, put remaining cheese on top and add sliced tomatoes if required grill for 5 mins until bubbling and brown.
xx

This sounds great. Think I'll try it!! X

venison sausages, gravy, mash and veg tonight! End of the month and scraping the bottom of the freezer to get me to the end of the week! Forgot i had so much venison in there!

SNAP! I'm having bangers and mash with some veg. Got a pot of fresh soup on just now too. Mm.

local tapas tonight for birthday tea, might have to expect a little gain this week.

Extra lean mince beef cooked in onions, gravy/stock with mashed carrots, swede ontop and shuved in the oven :) Cabbage on the side :)

Happy Birthday Katie x

Tonight is chicken curry, served with broccoli, cauliflower and brown rice xx

Tonight i'm making a 4 egg omelette with bacon, oinons, mushrooms and cheese (HEXA) with a side salad, nom nom!!!!!

Happy Birthday katie

Yestrday was EE for me I had Lamb shank (1syn) with mash, cauli, broccoli and carrots.... I was really pleased when I found the lamb shank for just 1 syn in the book as I was eating them anyway!!

I have a bacon joint in the slow cooker for this evening mmmm

Attachments

• Image0245.jpg
    Image0245.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 146
Happy Birthday Katie :553:

For dinner tonight Im concocting garlic mushroom, bacon and red wine pasta sauce(2) ... I will have mine with 25g dry weight pasta in a small bowl and then fill my plate with steamed savoy cabbage mmmmm
I have just had avocado for lunch so Im a happy bunny (Im easily pleased :p)

Debridger, did you know that the Extra Special lamb shanks in garlic and rosemary gravy at Asda are free on a red and ee day????? And they are lush!!!

Not posted for a few days.....work being arsey about being on the net grrr!

Mon green - quorn chilli n rice (made this for oh as well didn't tell him is was quorn n never said a word mwhaha)
Tues green again - left over quorn chilli with new potatoes
Wed Red - fish pie(cod,smoked haddock,prawns) with Heb topping sliced new potatoes, used colmans parsley sauce using milk from allowance was 1.5 syns for 1/2 pk
Today on E/E and off to the Harvester, never been but the unlimited salad bar very appealing then off to the pics got plenty syns so taking a creme egg 8.5 syns!

I need to get my head back in the game properly and eat some bloody veg!

So tonight I'm going to do some pork chops with a pile of veg and some little SW roast potatoes with gravy :)

Happy Birthday katie

Yestrday was EE for me I had Lamb shank (1syn) with mash, cauli, broccoli and carrots.... I was really pleased when I found the lamb shank for just 1 syn in the book as I was eating them anyway!!

I have a bacon joint in the slow cooker for this evening mmmm

Asda and morrisons both do lamb shanks that are free on origional and EE ! :)

Asda

Extra Special, Lamb Shanks with Garlic & Rosemary Gravy, twin pack, chilled, 370g each Free

Morrisons

Lamb Shank in Minted Gravy, chilled, 400g pack Free

Lamb Shank in Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce, chilled, 400g pack

Asda and morrisons both do lamb shanks that are free on origional and EE ! :)

Asda

Extra Special, Lamb Shanks with Garlic & Rosemary Gravy, twin pack, chilled, 370g each Free

Morrisons

Lamb Shank in Minted Gravy, chilled, 400g pack Free

Lamb Shank in Red Wine & Rosemary Sauce, chilled, 400g pack

Is this info about the lamb shanks from the SW website? There seems to be quite a lot of confusion round lamb shanks and their syns!

According to the mag Tesco now do a free one as well now

Is this info about the lamb shanks from the SW website? There seems to be quite a lot of confusion round lamb shanks and their syns!

According to the mag Tesco now do a free one as well now

Yes is from slimming world website :) i hope it right because they are lurvley :) *drool*

Back