Whats for tea tonight?

There is a really nice bbq recipe on here somewhere. Tried it a couple of days ago and it was so nice. Have posted it on our S W facebook page for my group on Monday. Hope you can find it, let me know if you cant and if yr intrested will re post it for you.

oooh! sounds interesting i'll have a look, although, i do suspect that I won't have everything i'll need for it in the house, since it's the end of the week and i'm running low on supplies so i'll probably cobble something together with what i've got in and make the one on here another time. Thanks though!

hollys nan said:
There is a really nice bbq recipe on here somewhere. Tried it a couple of days ago and it was so nice. Have posted it on our S W facebook page for my group on Monday. Hope you can find it, let me know if you cant and if yr intrested will re post it for you.

Hi, does this make a runny BBQ sauce or just BBQ coating for chicken legs?

I was after a BBQ sauce for going over chicken and bacon, tried one the other day with balsamic vinegar and it had onion and passata in it but it tasted quite vinegary so just wondering if you or anyone else knows of another one? Thanks x

Well I think probably that is the one which I did. I put in proper chillis not chilli powder and really enjoyed it. Everyone has different tastes. It made more of a runny sauce, although it did go slightly sticky and I love spicy food so loads of chilli for me. Will defo make it again!

What's for tea on a green day???

I'm having good old quorn spaghetti bolognese! A big favourite of mine! And freezing the rest for later in the week! But I would like to try some new dinners? Any suggestions? X

Is that pasta with laughing cow? Quite often have that for my lunch! x

Would love the recipe for the gratin!! Am bit scared of cous cous!! X

Sofartogo! said:
I'm having good old quorn spaghetti bolognese! A big favourite of mine! And freezing the rest for later in the week! But I would like to try some new dinners? Any suggestions? X

I am having that too.

How about quorn chilli, quorn curry?

Tonite I am cooking Sweet & Sour Pork with Noodles or maybe Jasmine rice hmmmmmmm

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Millie09 said:
I am having that too.

How about quorn chilli, quorn curry?

I like quorn chilli but with tacos and lots of cheese and things that aren't good for me. I made a Thai green curry that was nice from sw recipe book. I added quern pieces too! X

I have green dinners quite often, and sometimes save a HEX choice to enjoy with it. So for example:

- Jkt pot with beans & 85g bacon (HEXB), add a hexa of cheese too?
- Omelette with mushrooms, onion, peppers with wedges and mushy peas or baked beans
- Jacket potato skins with quorn or bean chilli and a hexa of cheese
- pasta with passata, onion, mushroom, red chilli, garlic, red pepper, 142g prawns (HEXB)
- Quorn burger & wedges with salad (in a 57g brown roll - heXB)
- Quorn sausages with mash & onion gravy
- Bean Chilli & rice
- Pasta carbonara - pasta, onion, 85g Bacon - hexb, mushrooms (i add a handful of spinach), garlic mixed with a beaten egg thrown in at the end. You could add 28g parmesan for extra cheesyness!
- Good ole Sw wedges with a 'fried' egg and beans!
- Egg fried rice with stir fry veg and noodles.

HTH

ended up using morrisons BBQ marinade that i had in the cupboard, works out at about 5 syns for 80g - which is plenty for coating 8 drummers. so works out at 2.5 syns for 4 legs! Not bad for something super quick and easy!

Back