Whats for tea tonight?

Tonight I whipped up a cheese sauce using extra light philly (heb), 42g low fat cheddar (hea) and water to make it a bit runny. Coooked off some mushrooms, red onion, green pepper and some sweetcorn and threw it altogether with some pasta.

The cheese sauce is the best I've come up with so far but if you guys know a better way to make it please let me know cos I love cheese sauce!

I did smash pizza last night which was amazing! I was so sceptical but it was awesome!

Other favourites:
Jacket with chilli baked beans
Pasta with dairylea (for those nights I just can't be bothered)
Quorn sausage, mash and veg
Chilli wedges with scrambled egg and beans
Vegetable fried rice
Spinach & ricotta pasta
Slimming world fry up

Cheese sauce is pretty easy to make. I think you've got the right idea. My suggestion is to use chicken broth instead of water. Simple enough change - but gives it some flavor. Also, if you have a some HEXA left, thin it with milk.

I've also made cheese sauce by mixing up a packet of gravy and added cheese to it. Not sure how the gravy is in the UK, but in the US it comes in dried form. It's about 4 or 5 syns for the whole lot. But I just add cheese and a bit of milk and it tastes really good. Sounds strange, but it's good. But there may be a difference in gravy - I believe yours comes in granule form? Ours is more of a powder.

But I think you've got the right thing going. Adding a touch of herbs and garlic also makes it good.

Am not a veggie but dont eat alot of meat so green day dinners for me are

* Lentil shepherds pie with sweet potato mash
* Vegetable stroganoff
* Courgette lasagne
* Quorn fillets, sw roasties, veg and gravy
* Stuffed peppers
* Vegetable Korma
* Vegetable and potato cakes with salad

Hi Fulltum,
Your menu ideas look Mmmmm!!
I think I will make stuffed peppers today!You have given me the idea!
Look like you just started so good luck!
Carrie X

Hi Fulltum,
Your menu ideas look Mmmmm!!
I think I will make stuffed peppers today!You have given me the idea!
Look like you just started so good luck!
Carrie X

Yeah just started but not for the 1st time lol ;)

Shepherds Pie tonite, yummy

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Quorn curry
Sweet and sour quorn/tofu with rice noodles
Quorn burgers with aubergine and tomato with sweet potato chips
Roasted all kinds of veg with cous cous and tzatziki

and my new favourite - Riso Gallo Risotto Pronto. Risotto in a box that takes abour 15 minutes simmering to be cooked. All kinds are free except the cheese one which is 4 syns. Slice up a load of veg (I have used onions, mushrooms, carrots, courgettes, red pepper etc) and put it in the pan with the rice and boiling water. 15 minutes later a lovely green meal with no or very little syns. Plus you get lots in the box so you can either have it for 2 meals or feed 2 people at one meal. So yummy!

I am going to try a Fish Pie tonight. I am trying to run down my chest freezer so have found a random cod fillet and some smoked haddock. I intend to spice it up with prawns and peas. Might have to syn the sauce though, unless anyone has an idea?

Tamarind & salmon curry (3.5 syns) with wholemeal pasta (HExB) & spiced roasted beetroot :D

Straight from one place of work to another so a sandwich on the go for me:

Tuna mayo (LTL) and cucumber and cherry toms.

I went to Zizzi's on Wednesday & had a King Prawn Linguini in a tomato, chili sauce (that appeared to be lowest in Syns in my opinion!)....so now have a hankering to have it again as it was so delicious. So tasked hubby to Tesco's this morning as I went to bed after a night shift & now have all the lovely fresh ingredients to make it....SW version!

Straight from one place of work to another so a sandwich on the go for me:

Tuna mayo (LTL) and cucumber and cherry toms.

I nip from one job to another three days a week, very difficult isn't it!!!!!

My staple classic Friday night tea... SW KFC Chicken and Chips! xxxx

Ooo FullTum, do you have a recipe for the Lentil Shepherds Pie?

Rump steak, fat removed. Cooked in chopped tomatoes, with veg and a touch of chilli. With pasta!! Yummmmmmm cant wait!

Back