Whats for tea tonight?

I went to Zizzi's on Wednesday & had a King Prawn Linguini in a tomato, chili sauce (that appeared to be lowest in Syns in my opinion!)....so now have a hankering to have it again as it was so delicious. So tasked hubby to Tesco's this morning as I went to bed after a night shift & now have all the lovely fresh ingredients to make it....SW version! Will have the prawns as a HexB

Five Spice steak with peppers (from my 'Wok' cookbook!!) You stirfry strips of rump steak with red onion, normal onion, red, green, yellow peppers, oyster mushrooms, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce, beef stock with a little cornflour to thicken!X

Last edited:
Chilli and basmati brown boiled rice tonight, made with HEB extra lean mince. Just poured half a jar of chillis in, will hubby mind????? Got the beer in the fridge for him I will stick to water I think! It really does taste hot, lovely. Cant wait!!!

Veggie shepherd's pie with sweet potato mash recipe - Recipes - BBC Good Food

Hope the link works Im not good with technical stuff lol

I didnt use the wine just increased the stock by 100ml, use frylite instead of olive oil and leave the butter out of the mash and it is free!

It was lovely and did 4 very generous portions and froze and defrosted well too.

Oo lovely! Think I'll try it with red lentils as I don't like the green and maybe add some baked beans. Will tweak but use this as a base. Thank you!

I nip from one job to another three days a week, very difficult isn't it!!!!!

It is! If I was a little more organised I would have a lovely SW tea made up and everything would be fine - but I'm not :rolleyes: So on days liek these I'm flying by the seat of my SW pants and hoping I don't get starving later on!!! :)

Five Spice steak with peppers (from my 'Wok' cookbook!!) You stirfry strips of rump steak with red onion, normal onion, red, green, yellow peppers, Chinese 5 spice, soy sauce and a little cornflour!X

:drool: now that sounds absolutely gorgeous!!! Very jealous :jelous: :)

After a huge lunch, SW chips, qourn sausages and beans for tea.

Im having Sweet and sour chicken, with rice and potato wedges. Its made with the WW sweet and sour jar, thats 7 syns per jar so 3.5 per person. Have used the chicken as a HEXB.

photo1.jpg

salmon (B), jackets and peas tonight, possibly with a little cheese and chive sauce (dairylea & chives, thinned with hot water)

Quorn sausages (oven cooked - taste much yummier), baked beans, Worcester sauce and a tiny grate of cheese followed by alpro plain soya yoghurt. Simple Friday food. Yum!

Tonight i needed something super quick and free as we're just about to run out the door for a friend's birthday (read: alcohol hehe) so I had Marshall's cheesey pasta with broccoli and tomatoes mixed in.

Wow! All these ideas!
Tonight I am about to have spinach and ricotta HEA canneloni with shallots and passata and chopped tomatoes.

Rice pudding for afters but have to syn the milk! X

I'm having an EE day, and starting, as much as possible a fishy week - I cooked king prawn & courgette risotto packed with onions & leeks..... off out later, so will sink a couple of pints, and I've saved both HEXs for a sarnie for my after beer hunger!

Red day for me -
Just had the donner kebab recipe from on here - was lush! xx

Back