Whats for tea tonight?

I buy the chilled 400g vacuum packed lamb shank in gravy, 8mins in the microwave and they normally have a 3week or so sellby date - they are with the chicken in gravy, beef casserole etc. 2 for £6. they're great as they're individual, and stay in the fridge for ages

Having leg of lamb today, hubbie cooking cause I am working. Can't wait!! Goin to do some roast potatoes and loads of veg

Then I think Eton mess for dessert!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Apparently Mum fancies a roast so we're going to see what we can pick up from Morrisons as we're venturing there for a change to see what its like!

Probably salmon and something or quorn and something, lol!

Stepson and his family are coming for tea today so cooking a sunday dinner for them. Pre SW they loved my cooking so I'm hoping my SW friendly meal will pacify them.

Having lean brisket (cooked last night so skimmed off the fat today so I can use the water for gravy - so much tastier than using stock cubes), marmite roasties, mash, cabbage, carrot & swede mash, petit pois, yorkshire puddings (only 1 small one for me) & broccoli. Have bought meringue nests (2.5 syns each) and serving them with mixed summer berries & sweetened FF fromage fraise for afters.

The only thing they might notice isn't the same is the mash - my mash used to be legendary cos of the amount of butter and fresh cream I used :eek: Hopefully they won't notice the subtle difference now that I only use an egg or two to mash them with. lol.

Chicken and bacon risotto! Side salad of watercress, rocket and spinach with cherry tomatoes and grated carrot.

oh, just had roast pork, sw roasties, green beans, cauli, spring greens, couldn't resit yorkshire pudding, sweet was orange drizzle cake, from one of the sw cookbooks(it's lovely, hubby loves it):D

Having chicken breast with potatoes and loads of carrots, can cope with carrots if they are on their own! Dont like them being sociable with other veg on same plate ha ha!

We've just had a bit of a meat feast indoor bbq (in other words normal cooking but burgers etc) So we had a small gamon steak, 2 sausages (2 syns) home made chilli burgers (mince, onion and red chilli pepper blitzed up) with lots of salad.

SW spaghetti bolognaise!

Back