Whats for tea tonight?

What sardines are those? They look yummy!

I've never tried them as I always thought they were little fishys not proper fish :eek:

Sardines are baby pilchards...so pretty similar - the tinned ones are approx 4 inches long - heads & tails removed. They do have a small backbone, but I believe they're a great source of calcium, and I always eat them anyway, the fresh ones are great on the BBQ....Mmmm waiting for them in the shops, reminds me of Portugal!!

Grilled cod with tomato ragout and BNS chips - red day for me. Mmmmm

allie1904 said:
Which supermarket did you get them from? are they a particular brand?

I'd probably eat them if they looked like yours but i always though they were like this :eek:

He looks pretty miserable ;-)
I generally shop in Asda - if you like tomato, then I'd get them in sauce first, as the ones in brine are more 'fishy' they're up with the tuna - I normally get their own make - the smartprice ones are okish - but a bit oiler - I just adore the tinned mackeral in brine - again Asda own - lovely in a sarnie with a little sliced onion - give 'em a go

Salad and tandoori chicken breast for me :) in work so need something handy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

roast ham, with salad, beetroot, pickeld onions and probably some bachelor rice. And I've got some strawberries, jelly and muller light for dessert :)

Salmon, new potatos and broccoli with sweet chilli sauce - my favourite meal...

Gonna double up on the salmon and pots for a salad tomorrow dinnertime x

Tea tonight is going to be- home made veg and lentil soup :) served with s.w chips :) yummy!!

veg and lentil soup=
*7oz red split lentils
*2 pints of bovril beef stock (or any other stock you prefer)
*2 carrots peeled and chopped
*2-3 leeks washed and sliced thinly
*1 onion roughly chopped
*1 tin of chopped tomatoes
*2-3 small potatoes washed and diced

Cook all of the vegatables in 1 pint of the bovril stock...leave to boil untill most of the liquid has gone and the vegetables are soft, the reduce heat down to a simmer and add the tin of chopped tomatoes and the (rinsed) red split lentils....leave to simmer for 5 -10 mins then add the remianing pint of bovril stock to the pan. Leave to cook for at least a further 30 mins and serve. Can leave to simmer for longer dependant upon taste/how thick you like your soup! :) (great for freezing).

Lasagne and salad here tonight. Nomnom

Prawn stir fry followed by meringue nests and strawberries and squirty cream :)

Sea food salad with new potatoes

Mushy pea curry with stirfries vegetables - I know it sounds minging and it probably will be but am struggling for ideas till shopping tomorrow :) plus I haven't had enough fruit & vegetables today...

Back