Whats for tea tonight?

Cor! We're good in here ain't we ;) Some amazing sounding and looking meals this evening :D

I had homemade sweet n sour pork (1/2 syn) with roasted yellow peppers; special fried rice and braised celery. Yummy dinner, am now stuffed :)

I would send a pic but don't know how to :(

Yummy slow cooked marinated chicken in a vegetable and tomato sauce

Wow I am so in favour of the slow cooker. Does anyone else rave about them lol? :eek: I marinated four chicken legs in Worcester sauce, soy sauce, dessert spoon of wholegrain mustard and level dessert spoon of clear honey 1 1/2 syns? Left it for a couple of hours in the fridge, meanwhile chopped two leeks, asparagus tips, celery, baby carrots and courgettes, added them to the marinated chicken and then added two tins of plum tomatoes and four oxos. Left it to do it's slow cooker thing and served it with mashed potatoes with a hint of whole grain mustard.

We all loved it and at less than 1/2 a syn each - completely yummy :D:D:D

ok here goes,roasted veg with garlic and touch of balsamic,chips,reggee reggee style saucse,topped with hea of cheese and 2 iceland quarterpounder chicken burgers 1/2 syn each.had to eat it all be rude not to of,lol,not a bad tea for 1 syn

Suuuuperb! :D I'll be round next time :eat: :giggle:

TwinkleToes2day said:
How do you make the bacon dble cheeseburgers plz?

I'm having egg fried rice with loads & loads of veggies :D

Turkey mince, couple lean bacon rashers chopped, clove garlic, finely chopped 1 onion, dash Worcester sauce, salt, pepper - mix all together in a bowl - add beaten egg to bind - shape into patties ( I make four )which are quite large , put onto baking tray and grill , turn couple of times - serve 2 if hungry :) in a wholemeal roll with extra grilled lean bacon rashers, ( plastic cheese if u want to syn it ) gherkins , extra onions if desired and ketchup - I do ours with sl world chips or wedges and coleslaw

laetissimus said:
Turkey mince, couple lean bacon rashers chopped, clove garlic, finely chopped 1 onion, dash Worcester sauce, salt, pepper - mix all together in a bowl - add beaten egg to bind - shape into patties ( I make four )which are quite large , put onto baking tray and grill , turn couple of times - serve 2 if hungry :) in a wholemeal roll with extra grilled lean bacon rashers, ( plastic cheese if u want to syn it ) gherkins , extra onions if desired and ketchup - I do ours with sl world chips or wedges and coleslaw

Sound really nice. There would be loads of choice on a menu if we were in a restaurant having read through some of some of these latest posts lol ;)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

trcy1066 said:
Cor! We're good in here ain't we ;) Some amazing sounding and looking meals this evening :D

I had homemade sweet n sour pork (1/2 syn) with roasted yellow peppers; special fried rice and braised celery. Yummy dinner, am now stuffed :)

I would send a pic but don't know how to :(

Know what you mean about being totally stuffed lol.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Grilled Ginger and soy salmon with oriental vegetable noodles from extra easy cookbook - youngest daughter has GCSE's and has requested lots of fish for brain food :)

i'm having mccain rustic oven chips (will prob have 2/300g for 2/3 syns) with heinz bbq beans and a quorn burger (half a syn) yummmmmy xx

Last night I made the Mushroom & lentil loaf (in recipe section) - it is GORGEOUS!!!! Still have half of it left so enough for me & hubby to have a slice each & will have a big side salad & some chilli chips too (got to love green days ;) )

Back