Whats for tea tonight?

We had Quorn curry - Quorn pieces, passatta, onion, borlotti beans, kidney beans, curry powder and worcester sauce with my 2 oz cheese allowance on it! Yummy! Might have some more for lunch tomorrow!

Just had beef soy stir fry and a chopped banana, vanilla Onken and 2 Oreo cookies crumbled in for 5 syns. Dessert was fab .

Chicken chaos- some sort of chicken stew thingie.
Chicken with courgette, onions, green beans, peppers cooked slowly in stock in the oven (used thyme, tarragon & rosemary).

Twas really nice. :)

Roasted chicken from yesterday, broken up and added a pint of oxo chicken stock, heated in the oven, also roast potatoes using the separated stock from yesterday's roast! Also used fry light, really tasty usually I roast the chicken on the day so have never used the fat free section of the stock before to baste the potatoes. Served with lots of steamed veg :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

sarah5298a1 said:
i had Chicken shashlick kebab it was lush! i had it with a pitta and garlic mayo (hald mayo hald greek you, with herbs and garlic) you must try it - the chicken was so succulent :) x

Was this homemade? Got s recipe?

Mediterranean chicken ( layer thickly sliced onions, thickly sliced toms, thickly sliced new pots in dish, add thyme,chopped garlic,lemon rind and juice and a small amount of chick stock - place browned chick thighs ontop and cover with foil, bake in oven for about 45 mins, uncover and rcook for another 15 mins - (from past SW mag) with peas,carrots& squeaky green beans :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hoping said:
Had yummy roast pork with roasted veg and roast potatoes. Was quite tasty and hubby made it so bonus of no cooking for me!

Food always seems to taste better when someone else cooks it :) xxx Lisa

Veggie pasta. Was going to be Bolognese but I forgot to take the mince out the freezer so I used grated carrot instead which in turn upped my superfree content. And was yummy too!

Posted in the "what you've just eaten" thread too (just in case anyone notices) as it was an achievement for me as hubby normally cooks as he's not well today.

This will also be my lunch tomorrow as I made loads!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Attachments

• image-2711361078.jpg
    image-2711361078.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 55
Just had the most delicious syn free pizza (red day) using the Tesco WM crusty bread mix as a base. To say it was fully loaded is an understatement!

I used the pizza base (2 x hexB), homemade tomato sauce (tin of chopped toms with garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper & smoked paprika, all reduced down so nice and thick), 84g of RF cheese(2 x hexA), wafer thin ham, cooked chicken breast pieces, mushrooms, onions & peppers.

The base was nice and thick and the toppings felt really naughty cos there was so much cheese.

034.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
aliscrapper said:
That sounds yummy - have you got a receipe for it?? Thanks:)

It's just my own recipe. Serves about 4 adults.

100g chorizo (6 syn for whole dish)
3 chick breasts
A pepper
Few mushrooms
Onion
Garlic
Chilli
Knorr Chic stock pot
Tin tomatoes
Butter beans
Cajun spice
Smoked paprika
Bay leaves
1 large whole tomato
Tom purée

Dice chorizo and dry fry in a big saucepan. Will release it's fat for cooking rest. Chop onion and pepper and add. Cook with lid on for 6-8 mins to soften, stir occasionally. Add couple cloves garlic (smooshed) and chilli (as much as you like, I use 1 tsp lazy chilli). Fry for a minute or two. Add a tablespoon or so of Cajun spice and a tablespoon of smoked paprika. Fry for couple mins.

Add tin chopped toms. Add mushrooms, tomato chopped up, stock, butter beans, and a little water (maybe half a tin worth to rinse out). add Tom purée, usually a heaped tablespoon.

Stir and bring to boil. Taste and season or add more purée if needed balsamic vinegar is good if needs sweetening. Add 2-3 bay leaves.

Add diced chicken stir and cook for 30 mins on hob or couple hour in oven on low. :)

Serve with rice or jackets :)

Oh can obv add more veg if you have it. Were out of corgette and most other things, but pretty much anything goes.

Just had the most delicious syn free pizza (red day) using the Tesco WM crusty bread mix as a base. To say it was fully loaded is an understatement!

I used the pizza base (2 x hexB), homemade tomato sauce (tin of chopped toms with garlic, oregano, basil, salt, pepper & smoked paprika, all reduced down so nice and thick), 84g of RF cheese(2 x hexA), wafer thin ham, cooked chicken breast pieces, mushrooms, onions & peppers.

The base was nice and thick and the toppings felt really naughty cos there was so much cheese.

Sounds devine!:D How much of the Tesco WM crusty bread mix did you use for your two healthy b's?? Thanks

auntynet said:

I have some of the mix in but haven't been brave enough yet to attempt it :) will try this weekend I think...maybe :)

Sounds devine!:D How much of the Tesco WM crusty bread mix did you use for your two healthy b's?? Thanks

I have some of the mix in but haven't been brave enough yet to attempt it :) will try this weekend I think...maybe :)

You both have to try it - well worth the mess I made in my kitchen making the bread dough. lol.

I followed the instructions on post #12 on this thread.
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/165796-tesco-crusty-wholemeal-bread.html

Dirtycellar said:
This sounds yum, got a recipe?

Hey recipe below...I can't claim credit for it (it truly is lovely haha) this is Jo's recipe from her EE tread xx

Serves 4
Syns 0

Ingredients
Low fat cooking spray
4 skinless chicken breasts
1 large onion, peeled and quatered
2 red peppers, de-seeded and sliced into thin strips
1 green pepper, de-seeded and sliced into thin strips
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
100ml chicken stock
1 tsp dried oregano