Whats for tea tonight?

Having Mexican - tortillas filled with SYN free quorn steak strips stir fried in fajita spice, stir fried peppers, red onion & mushroom, shredded lettuce, HEA & HEB grated cheese. With synned salsa and homemade sour cream synned. Mmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Change of plan... I made the mince into a cottage pie for lunch so something else will have to be thought of for tea tonight.

Am 'creating' veggie cakes/patties using a mash of swede, parsnips, carrots, garlic & cabbage then mixing in raw pepper & onion & making into patties, sprayed with Fry light and baking in the oven. Served with birdseye salmon. Hope it's as nice as it sounds to me :D

Well they look nice but taste very scrummy for my tummy :eat:
plenty mash left to go on top of a veggie shepherds pie too :D

10.06.11.jpg

Actifried chips. Kfc chicken and loads of veg. Yummy.

Hubby's first try at the kfc recipe and it tastes SO good!!!

Attachments

• image-2722561573.jpg
    image-2722561573.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 89
I'm having heinz big chunky vegetable soup

Thought it would be a quick healthy meal but just used the Syn calculator online and it works out at 9 syns!!! Maybe not so healthy

I just had Prawn & pepper stew.

prawnpepperstew.jpg

Kieragh1515 said:
His kfc looks yummy, different to mine? How does he make it?? X

Used the recipe on here I think. I've asked him to answer but he might not. What looked different?

lsf666 said:
Used the recipe on here I think. I've asked him to answer but he might not. What looked different?

Better coverage of breadcrumbs & mixture on the chicken. Did he mix egg in with bovril & spices or did he put egg on separately before dipping in breadcrumbs?

Kieragh1515 said:
Better coverage of breadcrumbs & mixture on the chicken. Did he mix egg in with bovril & spices or did he put egg on separately before dipping in breadcrumbs?

Ah. This I can answer. He mixed the egg and bovril etc and then (my suggestion) used a brush to coat the chicken before dumping in the breadcrumbs

Kieragh1515 said:
His kfc looks yummy, different to mine? How does he make it?? X

Mix jar of chkn bovril, 1 egg, pepper, garlic granules. Brushed on part cooked chicken. Then rolled in a mixture of nimble wholemeal bread, garlic cloves, mixed spices, herbs. Bake for 1mins.

Used 1 large whole chikn I portioned. Would only use 1/2 jar of bovril next time as way too much. Also need 5 slices of nimble.

Just the thought of havin all that bovril as a coatin puts me off this recipe, even quarter jar seems too much :) xxx

Back