Whats for tea tonight?

Really looking forward to dinner today!

Juicy Lucys with coleslaw & SW chips! :D

Mmmmmmm I love juicy lucys!

Just about to have some free soup. For dinner tonight I'm doing a roast. Will sw the roast potatoes, the men will have beef and ill make a very low syn lentil roast to go with it.

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Shrimpy said:
Really looking forward to dinner today!

Juicy Lucys with coleslaw & SW chips! :D

Mmmmmmm I love juicy lucys!

Ooh yum haven't had these in ages! Are you using cheddar cheese or another type?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

What's a juicy Lucy? Newbie here lol

mrsjoyce said:
What's a juicy Lucy? Newbie here lol

It's not a SW thing lol! It's a beef burger with a cheese filling, so when the burger is cooked it all oozes out...so good!

super speed soup at the mo.....having salmon in garlic tomato and thyme sauce for tea with some green beans and new potatoes if i've got any..... :)

Sounds nice but will steer clear he he

mrsjoyce said:
Sounds nice but will steer clear he he

They are fine on SW though, just make with extra lean beef mince and spices. Then use cheese as HEX A and WM roll as HEX B, with salad and SW chips it's all on plan!

Comfort food! SW chips, quorn sausages, baked beans, 'fried' mushrooms & salad x yum!

After a few days struggling with SW I am happy to say I'm really looking forward to this :D x

Stirfry :D

Spag Bol. We're also making up a mega batch and freezing portions for future use. I just opened 10 tins if chopped tomatoes!!!

I have just made a sauce by adapting the diet coke chicken recipe

1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 tin coke zero (I poured it into the tomato tin to wash it out!)
1 tsp chinese five spice
1 tsp lazy garlic
1 tsp lazy ginger
1/2 tsp chilli flakes

I put it all in a saucepan and left it simmering away for about 30 mins until it reduce right down then seived out all the lumps pressing through all the liquid I could. The texture is just like ketchup really and it is spicy, sweet and sour. I have stuck half straight in the freezer and the other half is currently coating some quorn beef style pieces. I am planning to cook these for dinner tonight along with onion, red pepper, mushroom and maybe some pineapple chunks along with rice.

I haven't tried this before so I hope it's nice!

just had it for tea and it was rather yummy - I easily could have used the whole batch of sauce though because it wasn't spicy once it was made up with all the veggies + quorn. I think it would be nice as just a sauce to add to stir fry too

Ooops! Double post!

Last edited:
Back