Whats for tea tonight?

balasamic chicken with roasted peppers and jasmine rice :)

Bangers & mash. Using up the last of the naughty sausages - beef ones and worked out that they are about 3.5 syns each. Mash will be new potato, garlic and cauliflower and we'll have extra veg too.

I can't wait :)

Ss soup. Had a couple of syn heavy evenings so need to pull it back!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Gammon, egg, chips, pineapple and some caramelised onions. :)

currently have sw wedges in oven.....going to have with quorn southern style burgers and some sauce :)
green day so no superfree but i have eaten lots all day and afters will be fruit!

susieqt said:
what's Scouse? Haven't heard of that

It's a really old Liverpool dish, that they used to make when money was tight and there was a family to feed. Basically it's a lamb stew, but I use my (scouse) mother in laws family recipe. It's just lamb neck, potatoes, carrots and onions slow cooked in chicken stock. Doesn't ever look great but it tastes divine!

Got a homemade pasta sauce on the hob bubbling away :)

Got chicken, lean bacon, onions, peppers, garlic, chillis, a tin of tomatoes, a small box of passata, dried mixed herbs and 2 veggie oxo cubes in it - nom nom!! Plenty left as well for lunches next week :)

That sounds lush :D Do you have the recipe?

Sorry for delay, haven't read much recently, There's a newish HEA - Kara dairyfree original coconut milk with calcium - 400ml
using most of the 400ml just add thai spice, you need to boil the milk a fair bit to reduce it a little, and I stirred in some quark to thicken it slightly, will use greek zero next time.... if you like thin sauces which coats the rice lovely, you'll enjoy this, it has enough coconut, although mild to make it taste right.
I also think it will make a great Thai soup base

Went out with work colluges to a Chinese restaurant i was as good as i could be shredded chicken chow mein

Quorn meatballs with spaghetti and tomato and basil sauce. .... And I may or mat not have had 8 squares of galaxy chocolate as my weekend treat! Think I can count the "milk" chocolate as a hexa?! Lol!

Chicken chow mein, just been to asda to buy the ingrediants (11p noodles, frozen stir fry veg, cooked chicken pieces and chow mein sauce) cost me about £3 and worked out at 5 syns for the sauce -much better than a take away :)

VickyPie said:
Chicken chow mein, just been to asda to buy the ingrediants (11p noodles, frozen stir fry veg, cooked chicken pieces and chow mein sauce) cost me about £3 and worked out at 5 syns for the sauce -much better than a take away :)

What are the 11p noodles???

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Asda smart price noodles, only 11p a packet and syn free if you don't use the little satchet of flavouring that comes with it.

Salad and burgers for us as it's mega hot today!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back