Whats for tea tonight?

Kieragh1515 said:
They were already cooked ones so threw them in couple mins before end to heat them up. Really wish I'd have liked them!

that's how I used the pre-cooked ones too, that's a real shame, they're one of my favourites.... cockles in a tomato and garlic. sauce is quite good if you like those

Pasta salad with philli (hexb) peas and sweetcorn.

Strawberries.

stokegal said:
I was thinking that but I didn't know if it didn't count.

I bought some fresh strawberries today so may snuggle down with ds on the sofa sharing them (he's 2 and LOVES fruit) whilst OH is at football

I think (anyone correct me if I am wrong haha :) ) that the 1/3 on EE can be either fruit or veg x

It can be fruit or veg, but I think it really should be on the same plate, so you don't overeat the other food, it would be tempting to eat a full plate of chicken and wedges if that was all on the plate, and then a big bowl of fruit, but if you had veggies on the plate with main meal you would probably not have as much ?!?! not sure I have explained that too well !!

just got home from work and i'm gonna have salmon, new poatatoes and veg! Shud be ready in 10 yipee am starving!!!!

It can be fruit or veg, but I think it really should be on the same plate, so you don't overeat the other food, it would be tempting to eat a full plate of chicken and wedges if that was all on the plate, and then a big bowl of fruit, but if you had veggies on the plate with main meal you would probably not have as much ?!?! not sure I have explained that too well !!

If I'm going to have fruit as my EE one third as opposed to veg I eat the fruit before I eat the meal, that way I have already consumed my one third and am already on the way to being full so I don't over-stuff on the rest of the meal.......... does that make sense?

I'm having Chicken breast, SW chips and veg. I crumble up a chicken oxo and add some garlic salt. The rub the chicken breast in the oxo and garlic then just pop it in oven.... yummy!

can anyone please say how they are doing there slimming world chips as mine (tried them twice)are ablsolutly terrible

can anyone please say how they are doing there slimming world chips as mine (tried them twice)are ablsolutly terrible

I'm lazy, I leave my potato skins on! I prick them, microwave them for about 2 minutes each side (depending on size), then chop them into wedges, cubes, chips, whatever, place on a tray, spray with frylight, add some seasoning (garlic, chilli, salt & pepper, paprika, whichever) and then cook till crispy. They don't look as perfect as some peoples, but I like them :)

I chop my potatoes up in to chip shape and boil them for about 7 minutes so they are starting to soften but not totally soft. I drain them and blot out excess liquid on kitchen towel. I then put mine back in the pan and add some salt, put the lid on and shake them up.

Then I spread them out of a baking tray and spray with fry light and bake on quite hot oven (about gas mark 8). Mine take a good 20-25 minutes but they go crispy on the outside and they are soft and fluffy inside. Takes a bit of effort but they are lovely!

I'm lazy, I leave my potato skins on! I prick them, microwave them for about 2 minutes each side (depending on size), then chop them into wedges, cubes, chips, whatever, place on a tray, spray with frylight, add some seasoning (garlic, chilli, salt & pepper, paprika, whichever) and then cook till crispy. They don't look as perfect as some peoples, but I like them :)

I never thought of microwaving them to soften them! That would be easier and quicker than boiling. :D

slimming world chilli in my slow cooker since 8.30 this morn mmmm

cathie c

Iv'e had mediterrainian chicken! It's one of those colman's season and bake (in the bag) and you add chicken breasts, tomatoes, courgettes and a red pepper! Serves 4 and is 4 points pp! Delicious!!:D

Last edited:
Back