Whats for tea tonight?

I had a big bowl of mushy pea curry and sw chips mmmmmm

smash pizza and chips for me tonight..
am going to alton towers today..have my cottage cheese to take with me for the jacket potato im going to get.. am taking alpen lights with me and will get a huge diet coke that i can refill aswell to keep me full..instead of me going for the nearest kfc!!

It's Friday night so, as per usual in the Kat household, it's lasagne night!

We have friends visiting for the weekend so am going to introduce them to my syn free lasagne! Not sure what to do for tomorrow night yet - might make an attempt at the KFC style chicken goujon thingies with wedges and salad!

It's Friday night so, as per usual in the Kat household, it's lasagne night!

We have friends visiting for the weekend so am going to introduce them to my syn free lasagne! Not sure what to do for tomorrow night yet - might make an attempt at the KFC style chicken goujon thingies with wedges and salad!

Recipe please! :)

Recipe please! :)

It's really simple, I adapted a SW recipe to make it syn free. We weren't sure how it would turn out but we love it! :D Just waiting to see how our friends react to a cheese free lasagne this evening!

I just brown up extra lean beef mince (free when any fat is drained off) with onion, garlic, red peppers, courgettes and mushrooms. Add in some worcestershire sauce, a Knorr rich beef stock pot, lots of black pepper, bit of cayenne, mixed herbs, tin of chopped tomatoes and a carton of passata. Leave to bubble away for the flavours to infuse.

For the white sauce mix a 500g tub of fat free natural yogurt with 2 beaten eggs and a large pinch of nutmeg.

Then layer - meat mixture, lasagne sheets, yogurt mixture. Repeat.

With the SW version it's pretty much the same (though we have made a few tweaks) but with some parmesan scattered over the top. I wasn't 100% convinced of their version or mine when making it but it's lovely. Huge portion each (makes 4 servings so we tend to have Fri and Sat nights normally) without that horrid greasy after-feel that you so often get with lasagne.

We also adapt it some weeks - sometimes we make a chilli mixture instead and make that into a lasagne, or a fajita version with our own home blended fajita seasoning. The original is our favourite, closely followed by the one we made a coupel of weeks ago with turkey strips and quorn mince!

diet coke chicken, roasted new pots in skins, french beans

cottage pie but instead of spud on top a mix of carrot/swede,
lashings of worcester sauce with it - mmm

and saving some syns for glass of wine, yay

Steak with SW chips (a mixture of sweet potato and BNS) with spinach. Yum!

Just had roast chicken breast, mashed potato w/quark, brussels sprouts, carrots, broccoli, mashed neeps and 4 level tbsp gravy lol. Totally enjoyed it! X

Green day so HEB Extra Lean mince to put in my tomatoes, and onion chilli (very very hot phew) and boiled brown basmati rice. So hungry going to put it on now! Trouble is I love rice so much I dont know when to stop. Oh and more melon and then the rest of my milk allowance with coffee and an HEB alpen double chocolate light, and fresh pineapple. Dont you just love S W ha ha

Back