Whats for tea tonight?

MinkyDinky said:
Quick question for all you butternut squash fans - can you simply cut in half, deseed and then roast? And if done like this can you eat the skin? I'm not very savvy on the bns cooking :(

You can :) We prefer to peel it and roast it in chunks though.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Don't rate the bake much! Could have been easier to just go for egg and chips without the faff of trying to bake it all together, went nice with beans tho also hard to judge the egg in the bake so it went a bit dry

Quick question for all you butternut squash fans - can you simply cut in half, deseed and then roast? And if done like this can you eat the skin? I'm not very savvy on the bns cooking :(

This is how I pretty much always cook it! Much quicker than peeling and cutting into chunks as raw BNS can be hard as nails :)

One of my favourite meals is to cook in the oven like this, then add fried red onion, spinach and feta cheese to the insides. Stuffed squash! Delish :)

One small slice of pizza, sw houmous and salad. Lovely :)

Back on sw after two weeks off for our holiday... So syn free spag Bol on red day so using x2 HEB for wholewheat pasta and x1 HEB of cheese and a side salad (lettuce, onion, pepper, grated carrot and beef tomato) actually really looking forward too it but it won't be until after aerobics

Possibly chilli con carne can't decide lol

Hmmm, haven't taken anything out of the freezer so will probably be haddock (which can be cooked from frozen) with roast mediterranean veggies.

Don't rate the bake much! Could have been easier to just go for egg and chips without the faff of trying to bake it all together, went nice with beans tho also hard to judge the egg in the bake so it went a bit dry

Oh thats a shame :( was hoping it would be great and then I could just bung it all in the oven and then chow down.
xx

MinkyDinky said:
Oh thats a shame :( was hoping it would be great and then I could just bung it all in the oven and then chow down.
xx

Yeah that was my plan too :(

Savoury mince with oodles of fresh veg... yummy - but can I last out and get to the gym first...

Back