Whats for tea tonight?

Hmmm, think I might have boiled potatoes with a tsp of flora over them, with a chicken breast sprinkled in herbs and spices. Along with some carrots and turnip. Mmmmm

Aawww drat. Forgot I had already used most of the chicken breasts and there's five of us...don't think one chicken breast is going to cut it haha. Suppose I could use pork medallions and the chicken breast, cut it all up and put into a casserole dish with chicken or veg stock and veg and see how it turns out lol

Chilli that's cooking away in the slow cooker

anna_vixen said:
I'm making the chicken chasseur from most recent mag! Will post piccy later

I've had this and it was fab. Enjoy

Sticky chicken with curried rice and a salad

Debridger said:
Tonight was lamb shank(1syn), HEB of new pots, carrots, cauli & Brussels, followed by melon, grapes & redcurrants covered in raspberry shape delight (0.5 syn)

Now that looks yum !

Tracy831 said:
How do you make your chicken sticky ??? :)

ingredients
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
680g chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes

method
1. Mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Toss the chicken cubes in the mix to coat thoroughly, and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.

2. Heat a frying pan, add the chicken cubes and marinade. Cook on a high heat for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed into the chicken. Stir regularly to prevent burning.

3. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, serve immediately on a bed of crispy salad.

Last nights tea was Simon rimmers lasagne. Was a bit concerned it would taste rank coz its made with cottage cheese. But happy to report it was lovely if now slightly over done as I got bk late from the gym n had left OH incharge of the oven :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111026_083236.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111026_083236.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 68
MalibuStacey said:
Last nights tea was Simon rimmers lasagne. Was a bit concerned it would taste rank coz its made with cottage cheese. But happy to report it was lovely if now slightly over done as I got bk late from the gym n had left OH incharge of the oven :)

How do u make this looks yum lasagne always a fave in my house but i never have it as they like dolmio wudnt mind havin it with them :)

oo that looks lovely.. what did the cottage cheese go like, did you whisk it before or just blob it on??..
did it taste like normal white sauce ?

the receipe is on the 'I miss lasagne' thread, In the receipe section. If you can't find it let me know and ill post it here.

It had more of a firmer texture than white sauce but worked really well, will defo be having it again. I just blobbed it on as it was. the OH really enjoyed it too.

Malibu xx

the receipe is on the 'I miss lasagne' thread, In the receipe section. If you can't find it let me know and ill post it here.

It had more of a firmer texture than white sauce but worked really well, will defo be having it again. I just blobbed it on as it was. the OH really enjoyed it too.

Malibu xx

Interesting, I do like a firm lazagnee! But hate too much white sauce.

Just looked at the recipe on BBC website. That might be a go for the weekend, just need to get some cottage cheese!

Last edited:
Back