Whats for tea tonight?

A no cooker roast!

Roast chicken (cooked whole in slow cooker and skin removed), roast potatoes (actifry), cauli, carrots & sprouts (steamer) and a little gravy (kettle), followed by strawberries covered in chopped up mini milk. :D

Think tonight will be a spag bol night as have some ready made in the freezer. Might have a change though and have it over a jacket potato with my HEA of cheese on top, yum!

Next week I should have a whole host of options - taking loads of stuff out of the freezer and up to my parents with me - I have such a teeny kitchen, I can only do one lot of batch cooking at a time, whereas in theirs I can have 4-5 different things on the go at the same time!

Portioned up into pots all ready to go in the freezer when I get home on Sunday and the next few weeks will be a doddle!

Mum is cooking tonight. She has some lean mince defrosting so will have to see!

charleybabes said:
chicken chassur from the new mag.. looking forward to it!

Had that last night - really yummy! And fairly simple :)

Cottage pie. Carrots, cauliflower, leeks, parsnip, onions, mashed Swede and a nice drop of gravy...

susienoz said:
Just made a chicken,mushroom and leek pie (mash on top) a recipe from an old slimming world magazine. Must say have had a sneak taste and its gorgeous. I also made a pan of butternut squash and carrot soup to keep me going over the next few days.

Same as L1sa. I'd love to try that too if I may?

Parsnip and Apple soup made from the recipe in the SW 100 green recipe book. Using the apple as a HEX so it's free :) ( I think?!)

Pork chops fat removed broccoli cauli mashed swede n carrots n cabbage n peas with gravy from a syn free stew i made other day. With a little 2syn cheesecake for afters cnt wait :)

MalibuStacey said:
Last nights tea was Simon rimmers lasagne. Was a bit concerned it would taste rank coz its made with cottage cheese. But happy to report it was lovely if now slightly over done as I got bk late from the gym n had left OH incharge of the oven :)

I make this too. Suprised how nice it is .

Sticky chicken, curried veggie rice and side salad

Attachments

• image-1053503084.jpg
    image-1053503084.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 77
L1sa said:
ingredients
3 tbsp honey
3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tbsp soy sauce
680g chicken breasts, cut into 1" cubes

method
1. Mix together the honey, vinegar and soy sauce. Toss the chicken cubes in the mix to coat thoroughly, and leave to stand for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.

2. Heat a frying pan, add the chicken cubes and marinade. Cook on a high heat for about 20 minutes, until all the liquid has absorbed into the chicken. Stir regularly to prevent burning.

3. When the chicken is thoroughly cooked, serve immediately on a bed of crispy salad.

Thanks for that will give it a go :)

Back