Whats for tea tonight?

I have got a beef stew in the oven and will add cheese scones half an hour before serving (found the recipe on here this morning) cant wait !

Gammon & eggs with butternut 'chips' :D

Have made quorn bolognaise but gonna save it for after class tmrw nite!! Saves me picking & scoffing cos I'll be starving!!

Tonite I will have pasta n sauce or savoury rice. Getting weighed tmrw nite so trying not to have anything too heavy!!

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Something with chicken thighs? Mum keeps buying them because they're cheap, but I honestly have no idea what to do with them other than the usual "roast dinner" thing...

Any ideas anyone?

Elb4160 you could make chicken chasseur or a casserole or marinade them with something yummy!! Could you not make the SW sticky chicken recipe? xx

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Elb4160 there was a recipe in the magazine a while ago (Spring time I think) which I was supposed to make with thighs but used breast and it was nice however when I then tried it with thighs it was even better, I always buy breast but am swaying the other way as the meat is so delicious on thigh.. Sorry going off on a tangent! I think it was called lemon chicken and roasted vegetables but I will try and find the recipe and let you know.

elb4160 said:
Something with chicken thighs? Mum keeps buying them because they're cheap, but I honestly have no idea what to do with them other than the usual "roast dinner" thing...

Any ideas anyone?

Have you got Jamie olivers 30 minute meals? The Piri Piri chicken thighs (skip the olive oil) is amazing!! Mmmm :D

Tuna steak, stir fried (fry light) veg incl onion, curly kale and brocolli with basmati rice.

Flexi synning tonight! Have had a lovely donner kebab (12.5 syns) with loads of salad in pitta (7.5 syns)
(( also for anyone wondering I'm on up to 20 syns a day at the moment due to my weight so it's not so bad :D ))

Hearty Lentil stew with basmati rice. Mmm smells nice!

Sinead6uk said:
Have you got Jamie olivers 30 minute meals? The Piri Piri chicken thighs (skip the olive oil) is amazing!! Mmmm :D

I was looking at this but hubbies not sure about it, did you have the dressed potatoes as well? X

HPSaucy said:
I was looking at this but hubbies not sure about it, did you have the dressed potatoes as well? X

No. I just do the chicken and the sauce then just do SW wedges or roasted new potatoes with it. Soooooo nice! X

Sinead6uk said:
No. I just do the chicken and the sauce then just do SW wedges or roasted new potatoes with it. Soooooo nice! X

Thanks, he might be getting this tomorrow then lol! Hubby's pretty good and will try what I make he just sometimes takes a bit of convincing but once he tries it he likes it.

Changed my mind from earlier and am now cooking steak and kidney casserole with mashed potato - can't wait for it to be ready I'm starving!!

I have got a beef stew in the oven and will add cheese scones half an hour before serving (found the recipe on here this morning) cant wait !

Me too! We had beef stew with couscous dumplings last week, and I wouldn't normally do another one as soon as the following week, but I just had to try the scone/cobbler topping! Following it up with strawberry and blueberry roulade.

Smoked haddock and pea risotto with a poached egg on top. Delicious! Soon I will choke down a bit of dark chocolate ;)

Any ideas anyone?

What about Moroccan Chicken? A lot of the recipes seem to use chicken thighs. If you search for threads with 'Moroccan' in the title there's quite a few on here. (I leave out the 'chicken' in the search to narrow the results down!)

Any ideas anyone?

Spanish chicken? Nigella has a nice recipe (you could scale down the chorizo for a more SW-friendly version)

SPANISH CHICKEN WITH CHORIZO AND POTATOES | Recipes | Nigella Lawson: Nigella Lawson's official site for recipes, books and latest news

Delia also has a nice recipe

Spanish Chicken with Butter Beans, Chorizo and Tomatoes - Chicken - Recipes - from Delia Online

Chicken jambalaya is nice

Chicken Jambalaya recipe - All recipes UK

Or chicken gumbo

Creole-style chicken and prawn gumbo recipe - All recipes UK

Chicken and butterbean casserole

Spicy Chicken and Butterbean Casserole recipe - All recipes UK

Paella

Latin chicken

Slow Cooker Latin Chicken recipe - All recipes UK

Back