Whats for tea tonight?

I've just cooked (for the first time) diet coke chicken, was a huge hit with the family & will deffo cook again!! Also just bulled cooked Pea & Mint soup & Butternut squash soup for the week, feels good to sit down & relax now!!!

Roast chicken, sw potatoes, parsnips, sprouts, cauliflower, carrots and low fat sausagemeat stuffing! 20 minutes until it's ready! Yum!

Thanks for the coleslaw recipes. That's definitely going on next weeks menu!
X

Rump steak, SW roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, green beans and 2tbs gravy :eat:

Slow cooker cooked joint of beef, one yorkie, parsnips, roasties, carrots, cabbages, gravy,tspn of horseradish. Coconut rice pudd and fruit to follow (if I have any room!) Ready in about an hour.

Loopeylou said:
Pork tenderloin in French mustard sauce, Actifry mini roasties and veg
Fruit salad but later after bath :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Those roasties look lovely, I've just bought an air fryer and can't seem to make very nice chips yet! What potatoes do you use? Do you soak the potato in water first? How long do you cook them for? Sorry for all the questions but considering returning it as not had great results and it's very expensive! Thanks for any help!

Kelly85 said:
Those roasties look lovely, I've just bought an air fryer and can't seem to make very nice chips yet! What potatoes do you use? Do you soak the potato in water first? How long do you cook them for? Sorry for all the questions but considering returning it as not had great results and it's very expensive! Thanks for any help!

Don't send back, trial and error but we have perfect chips now everytime.
I used Morrison indulgence potatoes but can make lovely roasties with new potatoes. Baking potatoes make great chips too.
I soak them in water for 5 mins, drain and pat dry. I spray Actifry with frylight and switch on for a min to get warm then tip in potatoes. Cook for 5-10 mins then drizzle olive oil, I used 1 tsp between 3 of us today so less than 1 syn each,.... I do think it's worth it personally. I also sprinkle on some rosemary.
Total cooking time for small roasts was 35 mins, chips around 40 mins.
Feel free to ask anything xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Beef and thyme stew out of the freezer with veg - probably sprouts (raided from my dad's garden yesterday!) and carrots. Now, can't decided between having roast spuddies or roast parsnips with it as well, but think the parsnips will win as they were raided out of dad's garden as well so will be scrummie roasted up!

Might do loads of veggies and then reheat those I don't eat for lunch tomorrow with something... need to find out which stewed steak in gravy tins are free on EE I think!

Tonight I am going to make Ainsley Harriot's cauliflower and lentil dahl which I think I will have with rice. I've only tried it at a taster session however it was yummy and free in green and EE

Tonight I'm going to do curried mince but I think I'll have mine with lots of veg instead of rice as I've been naughty today (had 2 pasties :eek: from fore fars) and want to minimise the damage a bit

Poss something with mince really can't decide

Back