Whats for tea tonight?

same as last night! Christmas Soup........................

Pete’s Christmas Soup

Serves 4
Ingredients
Morrison’s British turkey thigh, diced. 325g
4 smoked bacon rashers, all fat removed
2 Sainsbury “be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland sausage (0.5 syn each)
2ltr of Knorr chicken stock pot
Cupful of frozen peas
2 potatoes, peeled
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 carrots
1 parsnip
Dried sage
Small box of stuffing mix (optional) Sainsbury’s “Basic Stuffing” made as directed and shaped into 24 little little balls, oven cooked for about 20 mins. (0.45syns each)
Dash of Worcester sauce

Method
Put the turkey meat in a saucepan, cover in chicken stock, keep the rest of the stock, and cook until the meat falls apart, remove and allow to cool, then shred the meat, set to one side.
Cut the sausage open and remove the meat, roll into small sausages and wrap with a small piece of the bacon (makes 8 pigs in blankets 0.5 syn per person) cook in the oven with the stuffing balls, for about 20 mins until cooked & browned.

Lightly fry the rough chopped onions, celery & cloves in a large soup pan. Add the stock, dried sage and peeled roughly chopped potatoes. Peel and chop the carrots & parsnip into small pieces, Leave to simmer for 25 mins until the vegetables are soft then blitz with the hand blender to make a rustic soup base. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the turkey and peas to the soup base & simmer for 20 minutes. Plate up & place the stuffing balls & pigs in blankets on the top of the soup.

ChristmasSoupSmall.jpg

mushroom risotto, with parmezan as my hxa to sprinkle over making it all gooey and gorgeous!!..

it did have pancetta in aswell but i wasnt sure of the syns for pancetta and i couldnt be bothered looking for the syns so i just picked all the little pieces up..passed them over to my little boy and he passed me some extra mushrooms!!!

Pancetta, 1 slice - 1 on EE and red and 2 on green x

Spicy Slimming World wedges with mushy pea chicken "korma" and vegetables...I can't wait, that'll sure satisfy me after swimming tonight :drool:

Home made cottage pie with broccolli and cauli!

BOOZE!! After a whole month off i'm officially back drinking... but i won't be going mad as its a one off and i wont be drinking again for a couple of weeks. So i'm going to enjoy it, a glass of vino and then some vodka & soda with loads of fresh lime!

Oh and as for dinner i don't know! Might be naughty and eat in the pub.

Just has spicy cous cous and lemon and pepper chicken breast

Tuna & sweetcorn pilau

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Was planning Moussaka, but have kids winter wonderland at school today so will be home late. Not sure now, most prob rice with chicken cacciatore.

Back