Sundays Dinner..............
Turkey,roasted veg, peas,roasted potato

7-dayDinnerSmall.jpg

Here is my recipe for cooking in Coke.
Pete’s Diet Coke Boiling Bacon

Piece of boiling bacon
2 Ltr bottle of Diet Coke
Old saucepan

Cooking with Diet Coke may sound weird but believe me it works.

The Coke appears to draw out all the salt and other ingredients used in preparing the bacon and giving it a dark rich colour and flavour.

Don’t worry about the colour of the cooked Coke, it will look horrible but you will be throwing it away.
Your saucepan will look terrible but it will wash up ok, just don’t use your best pan.

Weight the bacon joint to work out the cooking time.
20 mins per 1lb + 20 mins
Use an old pan if possible as it gets messy
Put joint into pan and cover in Diet Coke

Bring to the boil; keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t boil over, very messy!
Turn down heat and allow to simmer.
Keep the joint covered with coke.

The joint is cooked when you can push a skewer through the thickest part of the joint.
Remove and THROW AWAY the Coke, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRINK THE COKE!

Add to drain and cool on a sloping drip tray.

Enjoy!

You will never cook a bacon joint any other way after tasting this……..

DietCokeBacon-1.jpg

DietCokeBacon-2.jpg

DietBacon-3.jpg

FinishedbaconLarge.jpg

Toad-in-the-hole (using Joes Pork & Apple sausages) and red onion gravy with cabbage & carrots

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

HM syn free cheeseburger on a wml roll with salad.

Not sure yet but having a red low syn day . Feeling fat & horrible after having a 20.5 & a 15 syn day over the weekend & need to get my positive head on again !!

Tuna pasta bake.

Today is an EE day so I'm having a salmon curry (using classic chicken curry recipe) with rice & aloo gobi

Cannot wait!! :p

Roast Chicken
mash
peas
carrots
green beans

low fat soya yog ( struggling to find syns out)

Red day for me so M low syn sausages, BNS, SW red cabbage and sugarsnap peas. Then I've got ScanBran chocolate cake for afters. Nom!

Extra Easy fish pie with baby corn and romanesco (a cross between cauli and broccoli)

bilsat said:
Sundays Dinner..............
Turkey,roasted veg, peas,roasted potato

Here is my recipe for cooking in Coke.
Pete’s Diet Coke Boiling Bacon

Piece of boiling bacon
2 Ltr bottle of Diet Coke
Old saucepan

Cooking with Diet Coke may sound weird but believe me it works.

The Coke appears to draw out all the salt and other ingredients used in preparing the bacon and giving it a dark rich colour and flavour.

Don’t worry about the colour of the cooked Coke, it will look horrible but you will be throwing it away.
Your saucepan will look terrible but it will wash up ok, just don’t use your best pan.

Weight the bacon joint to work out the cooking time.
20 mins per 1lb + 20 mins
Use an old pan if possible as it gets messy
Put joint into pan and cover in Diet Coke

Bring to the boil; keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t boil over, very messy!
Turn down heat and allow to simmer.
Keep the joint covered with coke.

The joint is cooked when you can push a skewer through the thickest part of the joint.
Remove and THROW AWAY the Coke, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DRINK THE COKE!

Add to drain and cool on a sloping drip tray.

Enjoy!

You will never cook a bacon joint any other way after tasting this……..

This is how my family have always cooked a ham joint, except we do it in the pressure cooker and it only takes 40 mins, delicious!

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins x x x

I had a portion of SW haddock risotto left in the freezer and boyf is on duty on his ship so I shall be having that topped with two poached eggs :)

Decided on grilled chicken butternut squash chips sprouts broccoli carrots & onions feel sorry for hubby later ;)

i had some syn free turkey curry with rice :)

Huge homemade juicy lucy burger and a considerably larger salad. The burger cost me 9 syns because OH thought he was doing me a favour making it tasty- I can't complain tho coz it really was :)

ForumRunner_20120102_200403.jpg

Joes pork sausages, sw roasters, carrots, sweet corn, cabbage, sprouts ,1 tbsp gravy.

Attachments

• image-2957945303.jpg
    image-2957945303.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 95
A fairly straight forward spaghetti bolognese but I've dug out a recipe for spiced apricot clafoutis for dessert that I think I'm gonna give a go.. I shall report back. :)

Back