Whats for tea tonight?

Fake steak night.

image-1681779243.jpg

quorn and mushroom rice....fried up loads of leeks and mushrooms in frylight, added rice, chicken stock and quorn pieces and bunged in casserole dish in oven while I did some body magic (a run) and then it was all done and ready to scoff, mmmmm!

Plain Quorn fillets with frozen mixed veg (peas, sweetcorn, brocolli, carrots and red peppers) and cous cous (soaked in Knorr herb stock-pot, with chopped red onion, cherry toms, cucumber and roasted red peppers mixed in).

Got the munchies again now though so may grab another bowl of cous cous and maybe even the spare Quorn fillet I was saving for tomorrow's lunch! Hmmm, is it wrong to be sat in bed, watching tv and eating cous cous?! ;)

Kwise1 said:
It was dee-licious. Very easy to make, creamy and we loved it!! It isn't a spicy dish.
I have adapted it in a SW way and put it on my recipe thread

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Looks Yummy, will try this x

KittenKat said:
Plain Quorn fillets with frozen mixed veg (peas, sweetcorn, brocolli, carrots and red peppers) and cous cous (soaked in Knorr herb stock-pot, with chopped red onion, cherry toms, cucumber and roasted red peppers mixed in).

Got the munchies again now though so may grab another bowl of cous cous and maybe even the spare Quorn fillet I was saving for tomorrow's lunch! Hmmm, is it wrong to be sat in bed, watching tv and eating cous cous?! ;)

If your hungry eat I'd say!!! I'm just defrosting a portion of speed soup and it's 10pm cos if I don't have something I'll grab for the snacks so I'm assuming speed foods and free foods are better than high syns :)

If your hungry eat I'd say!!! I'm just defrosting a portion of speed soup and it's 10pm cos if I don't have something I'll grab for the snacks so I'm assuming speed foods and free foods are better than high syns :)

I have just piggled another bowl of cous cous and feel much better. It's pretty much got 1/3 super free mixed in with it so don't feel at all bad for having eaten it! Though maybe I'll think differently if I can still taste the onion at 3am! hehehe...

Now got a bucket of tea I think while I tuck up in bed and watch A Touch of Frost. I am such a lazy monkey but, it's my way of trying to beat my January blues! :D

KittenKat said:
I have just piggled another bowl of cous cous and feel much better. It's pretty much got 1/3 super free mixed in with it so don't feel at all bad for having eaten it! Though maybe I'll think differently if I can still taste the onion at 3am! hehehe...

Now got a bucket of tea I think while I tuck up in bed and watch A Touch of Frost. I am such a lazy monkey but, it's my way of trying to beat my January blues! :D

If it works to get you through crack on. I hate January it's one of those months were you feel if your bubble has been burst after all the celebrations if nov and december.
I've just had a huge cup of soup and am going to brush my teeth soon to stop me being tempted to eat anything else (minty taste makes everything tast yuk!)

.....except chocolate ;) xx

that one is solved!! no chocolate in our house!! If i have enough syns left for a treat i walk to the corner shop and buy a bar that way no temptation. There is no way i could let chocolate just sit there in the cupboard shouting my name

Last night's Supper................
Salmon on Couscous

SalmononCouscous-3Small.jpg

• Diet Coke Chicken
  • Bachelers Mexican Savory rice
  • Sweetcorn
  • Green Beans

And if there is any room a Muller light yogurt.

Partner bought Venison Steaks from a farm shop the other day, I'm not sure what the syn content will be but hoping if I grill it and have plenty of salad with it it won't be too bad.

What else could I have it with? My Partner will be having it with mash & potatos but i dont think I can have that.

Venison is a really lean meat so you should be fine. In fact I think it is a free food on red or EE.

I like mine with boiled potatoes and salad but you could make a stew or goulash which are also delicious.

Back