Whats for tea tonight?

dudette2001uk said:
After the disatrous carbonara I made last night I'm sticking with the safety of bacon, Tesco light choices sausages, wm toast, fried egg, mushrooms and tinned tomatoes

I also had a disaster with the SW carbonara.. was the one with eggs and fromage frais? Mine kind of seperated and went all bitty. Put me off carbonara for a while. Haha such a shame because I loveeee carbonara.

Lisa xx

I also had a disaster with the SW carbonara.. was the one with eggs and fromage frais? Mine kind of seperated and went all bitty. Put me off carbonara for a while. Haha such a shame because I loveeee carbonara.

Lisa xx

I used egg, extra light philli and some parmesan for mine...the pan was way too hot though so it pretty much scrambled the eggs instantly. So I ended up with a meal of scrambled egg, spaghetti, bacon and mushrooms. Yummy, lol! :jelous:

xx

Yeah mine scrambled also.. didn't think it could be the pan.. I'll try it again when im brave enough or hopefully find another recipe for carbonara so i won't miss it too much! :)

lilbabyfish said:
having Chinese tonight chicken in black bean for 5 syns with boiled rice yum yum :)

Is it reeally only 5 syns? I want one! I'm just worried cos you can never be sure how much oil etc different Chinese takeaways use. X

I had quorn chilli, with boiled rice and topped with a dippy thing I made earlier (which substituted very well for my usual sour cream!) very versatile its quark mixed with spring onions, 1 tiny tub of extra light philly (heb), chives, garlic, black pepper and a little bit of milk from my heA was lovely :)

made a batch of it earlier with half a tub of quark to dip in some carrot/cucumber sticks as a snack, tasted more flavourful at tea time though having sat for a few hours.

and made a dessert of quark and white choc options, can you tell ive just discovered quark? lol

Tandoori chicken...
£2 for a pack of 6 drumsticks & 2 pieces. I skinned them, scored them and made a marinade from total0% yoghurt and tandoori masala spices... left overnight and oven cooked this evening... served with a large mixed salad and a minty yoghurt dip

leaserule said:
Yeah mine scrambled also.. didn't think it could be the pan.. I'll try it again when im brave enough or hopefully find another recipe for carbonara so i won't miss it too much! :)

I always had this problem til I was told to take pan off heat then mix eggs in and the heat of pasta etc would cook them. Worked a treat I gotta say.

image-1796495046.jpg

Jacket pot with hexa cheese, mushy pea and carrots.

Followed by chopped apple, 2 kiwi, banana, red & green grapes :)

Cajun turkey mince wedges with bubble and squeak (potatoes, swede, carrots and sprouts in this one!) and carrot, pineapple and sesame seed salad. Plus a couple of teaspoons of home-made chilli jam.

Pineapple with a mini meringue and spray cream to follow.

Back