Whats for tea tonight?

Couscous with quorn chicken style pieces, orange pepper, mushrooms and spring onion...oh and a side salad ;)

Chicken and veg stir fry. Simple but yummy!

Tonight I'm going to be celebrating pancake day with some savoury 'magic' oaty pancakes, sausage patties, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and homemade hashbrowns in an American breakfast style dinner.

Think i'm gonna try baked bean lasagne tonight. My partner says its not a lasagne without cheese, but I've used my HexA on milk, so he'll just have to put cheese on his half!
lol

Purplebint said:
Tonight I'm going to be celebrating pancake day with some savoury 'magic' oaty pancakes, sausage patties, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes and homemade hashbrowns in an American breakfast style dinner.

Home made hash browns yum how do you make them and are they free?xxx

Purplebint said:

Yep, free! I make mine by part cooking two medium potatoes, either bake/microwave/peel and par-boil, whatever way is easier for you then leave to cool. Then use a cheese grater to grate the potato into thick gratings. Add one thinly chopped onion and a beaten egg. A sprinkle of salt, or some stock powder works well too. Mix well, shape into balls and flatten slightly. Fry in frylite until golden brown, flip and do the other side.

They are lovely, cooking the potato first means they hold structure a little better and cook quicker.

Think i'm gonna try baked bean lasagne tonight. My partner says its not a lasagne without cheese, but I've used my HexA on milk, so he'll just have to put cheese on his half!
lol

Its delicious I had it last night and we all enjoyed it! Easy to make too. I used my cheese allowance ontop, but to be quite honest I didnt put alot on, and you dont miss it! The beans are so tasty in it, and I topped with 2 quorn sausage!! yum yum :D

We are having thai tuna bake (I made them as fish cakes originally but as my hubby and youngest son ate them like there was no tomorrow I do a big bake now! Mashed potatoes, tuna, spring onions, chilli, coriander, lime juice, broght together with an egg then baked in the oven. Having it with a big salad!

Its delicious I had it last night and we all enjoyed it! Easy to make too. I used my cheese allowance ontop, but to be quite honest I didnt put alot on, and you dont miss it! The beans are so tasty in it, and I topped with 2 quorn sausage!! yum yum :D

It was seeing your post that made me want to try it! i'm excited! :D

Back