Whats for tea tonight?

Cowboy pie is onions cooked very slowly over a low heat in hot water to make a gravy, with 2 tbsps smoked paprika and 1 tbsp thyme. Then you add your sausages, chop them up, add a tin of baked beans, put the lot in a casserole dish and top with mashed sweet potatoes/potato, then bake in t'oven until crispy.
The cowboy pie sounds lovely - really must try this....

Jacket spud with left over spag bol :), nice and simple before work :sigh: x

I'm making lamb kebab, Asda pitta HEXB, salad, sw chips in airfryer and home made coleslaw 2 syns for salad cream, I can't flipping wait!

Attachments

• image-215365219.jpg
    image-215365219.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 78
Baby Pearl Potatoes roasted in oven with frylight, WW tortilla wrap (5) made into a pizza & salad.
Frozen mint mullerlight
Rasps/Strawbs/Melon

Having a super organised day today and I have made the instant mash pizza base for later. I am going to smother it with red pepper, onions, mushroom and sweetcorn and some lovely monteray jack cheese.... Cannot wait!

Roast beef, potatoes, parsnips, carrots, cabbage, broccoli. Haven't had roast beef in years- it always reminded me of being all chewy bleugh. I'm slow cooking it in the oven on a low heat so we shall see what happens later.

Poached salmon, jackets and salad, was goo but now im stuffed!!

hhmm more veg soup followed by activia ff cherry yogurt....

i best have a good loss this week:D

Lamb and Apricot Tagine

Just incase you're struggling for ideas - absolutely fantastic recipe I just had to share! Not sure about syns as I'm not following slimming world 100% anymore but from what I remember there's not many/any?? lol..

I got the recipe out of my 'alli' diet plan book...it's the first recipe I've used from the book and what a find!! (Serves 4)

Ingredients:

2 tbsp olive oil (but I used a couple of sprays of Fry Light instead!)
600g lean lamb (I only used 300g as I'm not made of money lol - this was absolutely fine! but probably wouldn't stretch to 4 (me-size!) portions, I got 2 and a half/3 out of mine)
2 red onions
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp cumin seeds
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 kaffir lime leaves
400ml water
45g (3 level tbsp) tomato purée
1 small red chilli (I kept the seeds in as I like it quite spicy - would defo reccomend removing them if not much of a spice fiend, was rather hot!)
250g dried apricots
150g low fat natural yoghurt

Method
1. Heat the 1 tbsp olive oil (or Fry Light!) in a pan and gently fry the lamb until lightly browned.

2. Remove the lamb, add remaining oil, onions and garlic (chopped) and fry until the onion is softened.

3. Add the spices and the lime leaves and stir around, adding a little water if needed to prevent burning.

4. Return the lamb to the pan along with the water, tomato purée, chilli and apricots.

5. Stir well. Bring slowly to simmering point. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 1 - 11/2 hours or until the lamb is cooked through and tender. Add more water during cooking of necessary.

(N.B. I don't have a really good big cooking pan so after point 4. (above) I transfered all contents to a big oven-proof dish, covered with tinfoil and cooked in the oven at 160 (fan) for about the same amount of time - maybe a little longer - and the lamb was beautiful!!)

6. Remove lime leaves and serve with a couple of spoonfuls of natural yoghurt (I used Morrisons fat-free!) - I would definitely recommend serving with the yoghurt as I felt this really made the dish..!!!

I served mine with Ainsley Harriot Moroccan Medley Cous Cous! :) but would be fab with allsorts..whatever takes your fancy!

Honestly was an absolutely beautiful dish and I can't wait to make it again!!! Thoroughly enjoyed it!!! :)

Nutritional info:
Energy kcal: 380 / Protein g: 37.1 / Carbohydrate g: 32.5 / Of which sugars g: 30.3 / Fat g: 11.2 / Of which saturates: 3.1 / Fiber g: 5.5 / Sodium g: Trace / Salt g: Trace / Portion fruit and veg: 2

Home made donner lamb kebab , HEXB asda pitta, large salad in pitta, home made coleslaw 2 syns, sw chips. Oh my days gorgeous! Best meal I've cooked, teens doing cartwheels ;)

Attachments

• image-3348066404.jpg
    image-3348066404.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 82
  • image-3381740197.jpg
    image-3381740197.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 84
Kwise1 said:
Have both recipes on My Wise Main Meal Recipes, hope that helps ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you - the yorkies were deeeeelish. Will def be making them again. And again. And the sausages worked well as stuffing balls! But verrrry filling!

GinMummy said:
Thank you - the yorkies were deeeeelish. Will def be making them again. And again. And the sausages worked well as stuffing balls! But verrrry filling!

That's a good thing isn't it?

The stuffing I made, made tonnes!! I was stuffed.

Still munching on leftovers now

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Home made donner lamb kebab , HEXB asda pitta, large salad in pitta, home made coleslaw 2 syns, sw chips. Oh my days gorgeous! Best meal I've cooked, teens doing cartwheels ;)

ooh so need this recipe - I have been hanging out for an off plan sw treat of doner kebab for ages - I plan to have it every time i hit a stone mark but for one reason or another I have not done it since hitting 2 stone - just 2lbs from 6st loss now but this looks yummy and will keep me on plan....
:D

plaice cooked with lemon and leeks, with new potatoes and carrots.

Bunnylush said:

Stupid question maybe but does it taste anything like donner ? Looks lush !

Back