Whats for tea tonight?

Left over SW style moussaka and wedges and salarrrrd.

French onion soup and cheese on toast yum!

'Binty, I love your stuffed squash meals, they always look lovely.

I had a spinach and sweet chilli tuna salad. Soon to be followed by a custard apple for dessert. I've never tried one before and I found them in the supermarket reduced section, I couldn't resist.

Same as last night, WW wrap pizza and BNS chips

Attachments

• image-2223796232.jpg
    image-2223796232.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 83
I have proper let myself down this evening!!
I have shared a portion of kebab meat & chips with someone and eat 3 go ahead bars as well as a Alpen light bar, I dont think I have not stayed under my 15 syns!!
It was lovely but I am very angry with myself this evening!!!

chilli and acti fry chips :)

Whole chicken is in the slow cooker ready so will be ready for after WI tonight. Will have with some roasted veggies and curly kale :)

Whole chicken is in the slow cooker ready so will be ready for after WI tonight. Will have with some roasted veggies and curly kale :)

Silly question, I haven't done a roast chicken since i've been on SW as I'm scared about the skin, do you take it off before you cook it? Also..... what do you put in the slow cooker with it?! Thanks! xx

t11cky said:
I have proper let myself down this evening!!
I have shared a portion of kebab meat & chips with someone and eat 3 go ahead bars as well as a Alpen light bar, I dont think I have not stayed under my 15 syns!!
It was lovely but I am very angry with myself this evening!!!

Nah don't be angry, just draw a line under it and start again today :)

shezam said:
Silly question, I haven't done a roast chicken since i've been on SW as I'm scared about the skin, do you take it off before you cook it? Also..... what do you put in the slow cooker with it?! Thanks! xx

No, i don't skin it all i do is put about 5 balls of foil for the chicken to sit on so it doesn't sit in the fat while it's cooking and then whatever herbs or spices i have which today seeing as my rosemary plant has gone bonkers is the herb of choice. Also, re the skin to be honest it doesn't go quite as crispy as if you were cooking it in the oven so there's a temptation removed. But I love the fact of its in there first thing in the morning minimal prep put the lid on and can leave it cooking for 10-12 hours and all the meat is very very moist - I have a habit of drying mine out in the oven :) all I need to do later is veggies - woohoo! I have done this all the way through SW as I love my red days and it hasn't hindered my weight loss even if I do sneak a little bit of skin that has gone crispy :)

Kitty78 said:
No, i don't skin it all i do is put about 5 balls of foil for the chicken to sit on so it doesn't sit in the fat while it's cooking and then whatever herbs or spices i have which today seeing as my rosemary plant has gone bonkers is the herb of choice. Also, re the skin to be honest it doesn't go quite as crispy as if you were cooking it in the oven so there's a temptation removed. But I love the fact of its in there first thing in the morning minimal prep put the lid on and can leave it cooking for 10-12 hours and all the meat is very very moist - I have a habit of drying mine out in the oven :) all I need to do later is veggies - woohoo! I have done this all the way through SW as I love my red days and it hasn't hindered my weight loss even if I do sneak a little bit of skin that has gone crispy :)

Ooh I never thought of doing a whole chicken in mine! Don't you need liquid in a slow cooker though? X

ScarlettStar86 said:
Ooh I never thought of doing a whole chicken in mine! Don't you need liquid in a slow cooker though? X

No liquid required as the chicken provides more than enough juice. I did use liquid the first time I did this as i too thought it needed it and the chicken was pretty much swimming by the end - wasn't very appetising :(

Back