Whats for tea tonight?

From SW online front page veggi burgers, hexb roll, Airfry chips, salad, beans x

That looks so yummy!!! Homemade veggie burgers or shop ones? x

Shepherds Pie with loads of veg for tea tonight :drool: Can't wait!

shezam said:
My partner is making Chilli & Lime pork tenderloin with oven roasted veg, i'm super excited. :D

Sounds gorgeous!

Creamy slow cooker risotto? Using 2 strips of smokey lean bacon, onion, garlic, mushrooms, 2 chicken stock cubes, juice of half a large lemon, 1 cup (240 mls) white wine, 1 tbsp o.oil & 250gm quark.

Dice ingredients up small but slice the mushrooms. Dry frying the bacon with onion & mushroom. Saute till onion translucent. Pour in the white wine and cook, stirring, for about a minute. Adding the wine at this points gives the dish the flavor of wine without any bitterness. Empty in to slow cooker. Add o.oil to the pan with a cup of aborio rice
stirring, for about two minutes. This coats the rice with the oil and starts cooking the outer layer of the rice, which will help to keep the grains separate as they continue to cook in the slow cooker. Add 3 cups of chicken stock (720 mls), lemon juice & give a good stir and leave to cook for about 2 hrs on high stirring once half way through.

At the end of cooking, add the quark, stir & serve immediately. Creamy, smokey risotto. True comfort food! 3.5 syns per serving if using bacon as a HEx, 22 syns as a whole no HEx included.

Chicken something ? Haven't decided yet but got parents evening tonight so need to put it in the oven to cook whilst I am out. Will make a decision re accompaniments later :)

Lentil shepherds pie with baked beans. Have a feeling it's gonna be windy tonight! :D

Basa white fish, with Sw chips and salad :D

Comfort food today. Butchers faggots slow cooked in red onion sauce, carrot and parsnip mash, silky chickpea gravy, panfried cabbage with balsamic vinegar and roast broccoli.

Oven baked cod with herbs and lemon and loads of veggies :)

mrs big b said:
Oven baked cod with herbs and lemon and loads of veggies :)

I may go with cod :)

Back