Whats for tea tonight?

Ophelia105 said:
Homemade butter bean and mozzerella burgers with caramelised red onion chutney, cabbage and Cajun roasted sweet pot, courgette and red pepper. All free apart from the hex cheese. Tonight I felt creative!

This sounds amazing, do you have a recipe please? X

As promised to myself last night, and a favourite of Mr's, caramelised onion, mushroom, pepper quiche, beans and salt and pepper chips with onions, spring onions, green pepper oh my days gorgeous ;)

Attachments

• image-2452951265.jpg
    image-2452951265.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 112
Bunnylush said:
As promised to myself last night, and a favourite of Mr's, caramelised onion, mushroom, pepper quiche, beans and salt and pepper chips with onions, spring onions, green pepper oh my days gorgeous ;)

Mmmmmmmm!

my fav ... jacket spud, beans and salad boring but beautiful!

ScarlettStar86 said:
This sounds amazing, do you have a recipe please? X

Lol - I never measure - apart from Hex!

Butter bean burgers - mash one tin of BB (29p in pound stretcher) with 2 x hex of mozzarella. Add one egg and seasoning ( i use black pepper and oregano) - mix, thicken with Smash then shape into patties and grill. Makes 4 good sized patties. They are a little dry which is why the chutney goes o well.

Chutney - chop red onions and garlic - fry in fry light - when soft add a little balsamic vinegar and water. Simmer until the chutney reaches a fairly thick consistency - this can take a while. I have added mango and chilli to this before and had with syn free onion bhajis.

Roasted veg - sweet pot, red pepper and courgette chopped and sprayed with fry light. Sprinkle with seasoning and roast. I do. 30 mins then turn them over.

Enjoy!

mancunian-tubster said:
Newbie here! Joined on Wednesday so still getting to grips with it all.
Tonight I made a 'pizza' using a split Warburton Thin as a base. Topped with tomato purée, mushrooms, jalapeños, ham and a HEa of grated cheese. Served with SW wedges and salad. It was delish! I'm a complete pizza fiend but this really hit the spot for me, and only 5 syns for the Thin. Yum yum!

Have u tried SW pizza? I had it for the first time this week. Uses a packet of smash for the base. MAke up the smash as thick as possible. I pressed it into a smallish foiled lined baking tin - baked until it started to go brown. Take it out and turn over. Bake a little more. Then add toppings. It was truly amazing - and free. The trick is to get it as thin as possible when pressing down I think. I had it with tomato a puree, 2 x hex mozzarella (which I had saved especially) and mushrooms. I'm going to another with goats cheese and caramelised red onions.

Your pizza sounds truly gorgeous and easy!

Have u tried SW pizza? I had it for the first time this week. Uses a packet of smash for the base. MAke up the smash as thick as possible. I pressed it into a smallish foiled lined baking tin - baked until it started to go brown. Take it out and turn over. Bake a little more. Then add toppings. It was truly amazing - and free. The trick is to get it as thin as possible when pressing down I think. I had it with tomato a puree, 2 x hex mozzarella (which I had saved especially) and mushrooms. I'm going to another with goats cheese and caramelised red onions.

I have been meaning to try this, but I'm not a fan of smash... does it still taste like smash?

dinner tonight is lamb kebabs (been marinading in yoghurt since last night) with roast peppers, onions, garlic, lettuce, carrots, and rice. can't wait :)

piri piri burger and slimming world chips and salad for me, recipe from the slimming world book, havnt tried this before so will let you know how it goes. xx

as promised my feedback on the piri-piri burgers...delicious, really hot and spicy and very very filling. xx

Superfree soup - Carrot, Onion, Tomatoe and Chilli - but should I leave it chunky or blend it?

Savour beef rice, chicken, jalepenos, cauliflower & brocolli. Empty cupboards!

ForumRunner_20120414_181232.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Pizza topped mushrooms (tomato sauce using last nights Tom & basil sauce) lettuce and a great big portin of sw chips :)

image-4156144840.jpg

Back