Whats for tea tonight?

Grizzly_man said:
Lol, did you have the yellow ones from Morrisons? The last lot I bought from there were green and didn't seem too bad, i used a whole one too and these ones were HOT HOT HOT!

A bag from tesco, mostly red but I used a yellowy green one. It was mental. I had to sit with my tongue hanging out... Not a good look!

Thinking of attempting to make some SW lasagne today, with lots of salad on the side! Yum! :)

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

estelle1972 said:
Thinking of attempting to make some SW lasagne today, with lots of salad on the side! Yum! :)

I made slimming world lasagne last week - my only advice would be don't use the yoghurt/egg mixture as white sauce! It just disintegrates and leaves the lasagne really dry! I'd much prefer to make a normal white sauce and syn it. X

BlondieSam said:
I made slimming world lasagne last week - my only advice would be don't use the yoghurt/egg mixture as white sauce! It just disintegrates and leaves the lasagne really dry! I'd much prefer to make a normal white sauce and syn it. X

Good idea! Could always just use the milk from my HEa as I don't use milk for drinks or cereals anyway, and syn some flour to make the sauce with. Thanks for the idea! :) xx

Comfort food - Shepherds Pie - its simply the best!!!!

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

BlondieSam said:

Oh really? I used the yogurt/egg mix for the first time the other day and loved it! Each to their own :) xx

ScarlettStar86 said:
Oh really? I used the yogurt/egg mix for the first time the other day and loved it! Each to their own :) xx

Maybe I cooked it for too long!? It looked really promising before I put it in the oven but it all seemed to curdle - it tasted fine, but ended up with just bolognese layered with pasta and no sauce to keep it moist! x

Oh yes that yoghurt egg mix is yuk :p They also use it as a topping for SW moussaka and it is not good there too. I made a slight alteration to the topping for moussaka and added 30g of grated parmesan (you know, really finely grated as it comes in tubs in supermarkets) which adds only 1.5 syns per portion to the topping and makes it much tastier. It is still a bit bitter I think for lasagne, so I would go down the route of making a proper white sauce and synning it. Sometimes making a sauce with a few syns in it makes all the difference to a dish (in my opinion)

Not sure about what to have tonight. I'm now fancing moussaka. I also found a recipe for a mediterranean chicken casserole I wouldn't mind trying and I thing DH might me fancing homemade burgers so maybe something along those lines...

BlondieSam said:
Maybe I cooked it for too long!? It looked really promising before I put it in the oven but it all seemed to curdle - it tasted fine, but ended up with just bolognese layered with pasta and no sauce to keep it moist! x

I was going to say that ... Maybe its just the way you cooked it! I hear ppl sometimes complain it tastes 'yogurty' but never dry :)

Joes pork and chilli burger on a wholemeal bun with bns chips and coleslaw made with pointed cabbage, apple, carrot and onion :D

I have some lean mince, I'll end up with burgers, and spag bol (not slimming world) for the rest of the family.
Need to get into the habit of eating salad with everything!

Roast pork (no naughty crackling!) SW pots, veggies etc. x

Stir Fry - 140g Cooked Chicken (HEx B1+2); Blue Dragon Whole wheat Noodles or Brown Rice; Morrisons Mushroom Stir Fry; Egg; Soy Sauce; Garlic; chilli

I may change out the Egg & Soy sauce to add and actual sauce(probably a Blue Dragon one which I will syn). Not sure on the rice or noodles but both are free so can decide later on.

I have been trying some red & green days this week but not sure if they are correct or more like EE. If youse dont mind could you have a look at my diary (jump to the last page) to see this weeks diaries and feel free to tell me where I am going wrong and where I can fix things!!! I am really struggling with the 1/3 superfree on EE :sign0009::sign0163::thankyou:

laura2481 said:
Oh yes that yoghurt egg mix is yuk :p They also use it as a topping for SW moussaka and it is not good there too. I made a slight alteration to the topping for moussaka and added 30g of grated parmesan (you know, really finely grated as it comes in tubs in supermarkets) which adds only 1.5 syns per portion to the topping and makes it much tastier. It is still a bit bitter I think for lasagne, so I would go down the route of making a proper white sauce and synning it. Sometimes making a sauce with a few syns in it makes all the difference to a dish

Oh I put the parmesan in it when I do it, maybe that is the difference then lol. Best way is to experiment I think, I've also tried 1/2 qty of normal flour/butter/milk sauce and combine it with the yog/egg/parmesan which is good too. X

I made the SW lasagne with egg/yogurt mix a few years ago when I first tried SW. It was so horrible and it put me off doing SW (along with a couple of other reasons). This time though I'm much more inventive with recipes and this site is a god send! Although I keep remembering THAT lasagne and it makes my stomach churn :-(

tinkagem said:
I have some lean mince, I'll end up with burgers, and spag bol (not slimming world) for the rest of the family.
Need to get into the habit of eating salad with everything!

Why do u need to get into the habit of eating salad with everything hun?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm going to try the diet fanta chicken tonight. I'm hoping it's nice as I don't like diet orange drinks at all but I've been told that with the other ingredients its like sweet and sour. Kids will prob like it even if I don't lol

Back