Whats for tea tonight?

taskey said:
Slimming World - Mexican Bake

Serves 1
Ready in about 35 minutes
Green FREE Extra Easy FREE
Add 5 and half syns if not using the reduced fat cheddar cheese as a healthy extra

Ingredients
7oz/198g potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
1 tomato, roughly chopped
1 small red onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
7fl oz/198ml passata
1 tsp groun cumin
half a teaspoon dried oregano
A handful of fresh coriander, chopped, reserve some to garnish
Salt and Freshly ground black pepper
42g reduced fat cheddar cheese, grated
Crisp green salad, to serve

Method
1. Preheat your oven to 180c/350f/Gas 4. Boil the cubed potatoes for 5-6 minutes, then drain and set aside.

2. Meanwhile, place the tomato, onion, garlic, pepper and passata in a pan with the cumin oregano and most of the coriander. Bring to the boil, season to taste, and then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the potatoes and transfer to an ovenproof dish.

3. Sprinkle over the cheese and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden and bubbling. Garnish with the remaining coriander and finish with a twist of black pepper. Serve with a crisp green salad.

This is gorgeous but sometime I adapt it and add some chorizo and cubed potatoes x

mini pizza's with chips!

I have no idea what I will be having tonight.....I have college n won't be home til about 9.30 so I think it might be beans on toast or similar.

Something with stir fry - not entirely what yet but going with a fish week at the moment so will choose from sardines, crab, mackerel or tuna :)

Chinese 5 spice beef (out of the one pot recipe book, although its pork in the book) with ps broccoli I think... Looks nice in the book I'll let you know how it turns out :)

MummySelkirk said:
Breaded chicken and sw chips, then i get weighed! X

Really? Somebody who doesn't eat just a apple before weigh in ;) lol good luck :)

Got half a packet of extra lean mince left in the fridge, so thinking of some yummy mince, mashed tatties and veg! :)

Griddled steak, crinkle cut chips, red onion rings, garlic 'mayo' and a salady thing for tonight's dinner. I can't wait!

Fajitas with homemade Salsa.....wedges but no tortilla

Think i'm going to make Chicken breast, stuffed with babybel light (2syns), wrapped in bacon with the fat removed!

Serve with some purple sprouting brocolli which is past its best in my fridge & baked beans. lush!
Sx

Scrap that, ate the fajita mix with rice. 2.ish syns for half the packet. SOO tasty! Will deffo use this more in future.

Back