Whats for tea tonight?

Lentil cheddar bake with salad and chips :)

Now I was going to have omelette but I love lentil cheddar bake and it is a Green Day so I may just have that instead with some veggies :)

Alycyn1980 said:
Now I was going to have omelette but I love lentil cheddar bake and it is a Green Day so I may just have that instead with some veggies :)

Thank you for the recipe! Will be first time making it tonight! :)

Nope, lean but not extra lean. Anything over 16% fat is 5 syns per 100g. Under 16% is 2 syns per 100g. Less than 5% would be extra lean and free.

Purplebint said:
Nope, lean but not extra lean. Anything over 16% fat is 5 syns per 100g. Under 16% is 2 syns per 100g. Less than 5% would be extra lean and free.

What about the one in Tesco? I thought I had got some extra lean mince from one of the big supermarkets recently, but can't remember which one because I am a bit of a shopping tart!

None of the big stores sell extra lean lamb mince that I'm aware of. Mysupermarket.co.uk can't find any across them either. Tesco's is lean, less than 16%.

Purplebint said:
None of the big stores sell extra lean lamb mince that I'm aware of. Mysupermarket.co.uk can't find any across them either. Tesco's is lean, less than 16%.

Oh well never mind, I will keep searching for it ! Thanx

Birdmummy said:
What about the one in Tesco? I thought I had got some extra lean mince from one of the big supermarkets recently, but can't remember which one because I am a bit of a shopping tart!

According to slimming world website no supermarket in the uk stocks extra lean ... Not sure if that will change! Your best bet is mincing your own... :)

Birdmummy said:

Tesco do Extra lean BEEF mince xxxx

Croc said:
Beef stew cooked in my new 'Flavour Savour'-, it's FAB!!

Stew includes very lean stewing beef, onions, carrots, parsnips, potatoes, mixed herbs etc. Might also cook some cauliflower to have with it to ensure I get my 3rd super free, otherwise it's not really following EE properly is it?! :)

xx

What is this lol xx

fifee said:
Is there a recipe on here for lentil cheddar bake guys? x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

SW lentil cheddar bake:

Ingredients:
200g of red lentils
112g of cheddar
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
some fresh coriander
black pepper and salt to season
2 eggs
Frylight or Pam spray

Method:
Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
Place red lentils in saucepan cover with water and cook until softened.
In the meantime, spray a frying pan with frylight or Pam spray and cook the onion, red pepper and garlic for approx 4 mins.
Once lentils are softened, drain any remaining liquid and add them to a bowl.
Add the onion, red pepper and garlic, plus some freshly chopped coriander and season with some salt and black pepper.
Add the cheddar and the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Spray a round baking tray (or this also works well in a meatloaf tin) with some Frylight or Pam, add the mixture and bake in the oven till it is golden and set. Approx 30 mins.
Cut into 4 quarters and serve with a mixed salad.

Courtesy of Alycyn1980 :) x

sully123 said:
SW lentil cheddar bake:

Ingredients:
200g of red lentils
112g of cheddar
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
some fresh coriander
black pepper and salt to season
2 eggs
Frylight or Pam spray

Method:
Preheat oven to 180c or 350f
Place red lentils in saucepan cover with water and cook until softened.
In the meantime, spray a frying pan with frylight or Pam spray and cook the onion, red pepper and garlic for approx 4 mins.
Once lentils are softened, drain any remaining liquid and add them to a bowl.
Add the onion, red pepper and garlic, plus some freshly chopped coriander and season with some salt and black pepper.
Add the cheddar and the eggs and mix thoroughly.
Spray a round baking tray (or this also works well in a meatloaf tin) with some Frylight or Pam, add the mixture and bake in the oven till it is golden and set. Approx 30 mins.
Cut into 4 quarters and serve with a mixed salad.

Courtesy of Alycyn1980 :) x

Sounds lovely :)

Mushroom stragonof from the magazine. Can anyone plz help cause it says stir in fromage frais but I don't have any, do u think natural yogurt will b ok? X

Chicken stuffed with philidelphia and wrapped in bacon with pesto roasted peppers, courgettes, onions and garlic.

Back