Whats for tea tonight?

Home made beef burgers, SW chips and salad.

For pudding having a cake made from the 1/2 syn roulade recipe.

image-4078961175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Grilled chicken marinated in chilli, lemon and coriander, with spiced sweet potato wedges (from current SW mag) and mixed salad. Have learnt a valuable lesson, couldn't get ff creme fraiche for the dip to go with the wedges and thought low fat would be OK, but the dip has gone from 1 syn per serving to 4!

chicken roasted with lemon & parsley, babyleaf salad, beetroot and cajun potato wedges ...... lovely xx

BlondieSam said:
Cottage pie with sweet potato mash! Going to make an alpen bar "cheesecake" with cadburys phili for dessert :D

Cheesecake sounds lovely, do you add anything else to the alpen bar and chocolate Phili?

Rochelle1 said:
That looks great was it nice? I'm gonna make one on sunday

Yes it was lovely. I had it as a Victoria sponge and put reduced sugar strawberry jam between the layers which took the syn value to 4 for whole cake.

The texture of it is more like a souffle than a cake but tastes yummy. My husband said he wouldn't have known it was a diet dessert :)

ohblondone said:
Yes it was lovely. I had it as a Victoria sponge and put reduced sugar strawberry jam between the layers which took the syn value to 4 for whole cake.

The texture of it is more like a souffle than a cake but tastes yummy. My husband said he wouldn't have known it was a diet dessert :)

I can cook but can not bake but this looks worth giving a go! Is the recipe is the recipe sub-forum ? X

Thanks, can't wait to make it. I made the chocolate buns today and they were souffle-ey too lol tasted weird with the options in though so can't wait to give the vic sponge a go

Veggie soup, slice of wholemeal toast with tomato and mozzarella (Hex A and B), green tea with lemon.

Keldelacoe said:
I can cook but can not bake but this looks worth giving a go! Is the recipe is the recipe sub-forum ? X

Yes it is but I'll pop it here for ease

FRUIT ROULADE - 0.5 SYN FOR THE WHOLE CAKE

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
4 TBSP SWEETNER (I ADDED 5)
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK, BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THEN SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT
180 FOR 15 - 20 MINUTES. LEAVE TO COOL

IN A DISH ADD REMAINING QUARK ,SWEETNER, AND ESSENCE AND MIX TOGETHER.

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

I followed this recipe but mine needed cooking a touch longer with the cake being deeper. I sliced it in half and put reduced sugar strawberry jam between layers. I put sweetened quark on top and then topped with banana and strawberry.

ohblondone said:

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

ADD THE YOLK, HALF THE QUARK, BAKING POWDER, SWEETNER AND ESSENCE INTO A BOWL, WHISK TOGETHER AND SET ASIDE.

WHISK EGG WHITE TILL STIFF. WHISK HALF INTO THE MIXTURE THEN FOLD IN OTHER HALF.

USING A SWISS ROLL TIN SPRAY WITH FRY LIGHT ( PUT GREASPROOF PAPER IN FIRST THEN SPRAY SO DOESNT STICK) POUR THE MIXTURE IN AND BAKE AT

REMOVE THE CAKE FROM TIN WHEN COOL SPREAD THE QUARK EVENLY, ADD FINELY CHOPPED FRUIT (STRAWBERRY AND BANANA MY FAVE). ROLL THE CAKE FROM ONE END. SLICE TO SERVE.

THE WHOLE CAKE IS ONLY HALF A SYN AND THATS THE BAKING POWDER. CAN ALSO ADD CHOC OPTIONS SACHET FOR FLAVOURING. WHEN THE CAKE COMES OUT OF THE OVEN IT WILL HAVE RISEN LOADS BUT WILL GO VERY FLAT WHEN COOL LOL I THOUGHT IT HAD GONE WRONG FIRST TIME I MADE IT BUT WAS LOVELY.

I followed this recipe but mine needed cooking a touch longer with the cake being deeper. I sliced it in half and put reduced sugar strawberry jam between layers. I put sweetened quark on top and then topped with banana and strawberry.

Cake has been my downfall lately so will def give this a go! Thanks x

ohblondone said:

1 TUB QUARK
4 EGGS
1 TSP BAKING POWDER
VANILLA ESSENCE (OR ANY)
FRESH FRUIT

SEPERATE THE EGGS

Ooohhhh. Thank you x x

Back