Whats for tea tonight?

Alycyn1980 said:
Hi Guys

Been pointed out that because the pineapple is cooked it will need to be synned. For 100g Pineapple it will be 2syns - sorry about that but I would say it is still worth the 2 syns :)

Still worth it :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Alsmum said:
Still need to syn as it is cooked pineapple. It would still be low in syns but not free.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Doh! Will get used to this diet eventually!!! :)

Well I will be eating out tonight !!!!!!!! Seeing Sally Morgan on tour tonight so wont have time to cook dinner. Will try and be good ......................

Alycyn1980 said:
Thanks - in that case it will be 2 syns and I will edit my post!!!

Could you get away with just adding the pineapple right at the end so its more just warm rather than cooked then it would be syn free unless even warming fruit changes its sugar structure or whatever it does lol!

Alycyn1980 said:
Hi Guys

Been pointed out that because the pineapple is cooked it will need to be synned. For 100g Pineapple it will be 2syns - sorry about that but I would say it is still worth the 2 syns :)

I think it would easily be worth two syns lol mmmmmm gammon and pineapple!!!

tonight will be fish pie :) hm...syn free with some veggies

Ham salad for me tonight. OH is working an afternoon shift and I can never be bothered when I'm only feeding myself!

Ive got a random casserole thing in the slow cooker. Started yesterday as a curried root veg soup which I usually thicken with lentils but didn't have any and there wasn't enough to make much soup, so added some rice. Then this morning (had been switched off overnight!) took half out as the rice had made it HUGE, added some more stock and some grilled bacon and seared chicken breast cubes. It will be the most random of dinners I've ever made but I'm sure it will be ok!

Could you get away with just adding the pineapple right at the end so its more just warm rather than cooked then it would be syn free unless even warming fruit changes its sugar structure or whatever it does lol!

I did think about this but the small amount of juices that comes out of the pineapple helps with the flavour of the dish. You could try it this way & then the other and see what you think :)

Red day: syn free beef curry with HX b jacket potato salad, syn free egg custard tarts for pudding

nothing tastes as good as being slim feels

Friends coming for dinner tonight, so hub and I cooking for four:

Starters: Prawn and halloumi (low-fat) skewers served on rocket with a lemon and balsamic dressing (6 syns for 50g cheese)
Main: Slow cooker roast chicken cooked with onion, apple, lemon, thyme, sage and garlic; served with roast potato and cauli/broccoli cheese bake (2.5 syns)
Dessert: Mullerlight Eton mess (2.5 syns)

11 Syns in total . . . could have done better by leaving out all the cheese, but I love cheese!

I'm doing a roast Chicken dinner as it's hubby's day off. Have experimented with making bulgur wheat stuffing :) it smells fab cooking away in the oven and at 1/2 a syn for a large ball I'm looking forwards to it!!!! Having new pots broccoli snap peas sweet corn and a dash of gravy as well. Mmmmmm!!!!

Legomom said:
I'm doing a roast Chicken dinner as it's hubby's day off. Have experimented with making bulgur wheat stuffing :) it smells fab cooking away in the oven and at 1/2 a syn for a large ball I'm looking forwards to it!!!! Having new pots broccoli snap peas sweet corn and a dash of gravy as well. Mmmmmm!!!!

Oooh that's a good idea...I love stuffing! You'll have to let me know the recipe if it works out.

Back