Whats for tea tonight?

Homemade quorn cottage pie topped with cheesy mash with gravy and veg/baked beans - nice comfort food for today. Already made it , looks lush .Can't wait to eat it. Already licked the cheesy mash clean off the potato masher :D ..

Mini cheese kiev balls 1point each- im having 5 so 5points.
1, 100g potato cut into 1/4 and boiled- salt and pepper to taste.
lots of salad-mixed salad leafs, tomato, cucumber, green pepper.
Bit of a mish mash i know but not been shopping lol

Jacket potato with tuna + salad

SW - KFC and SW chips plus salad mmmmmm

trying a new recipe from the book - one pot wonders. Spicy lentils, aubergine and spinach stew. Got it bubbling away now and smells lovely.

It was soooo good!! Just like really good quality stuffing. Yum yum yum. I got 8 great big balls (muahahahaaaaa) from my mix. Worked out at 1/2 a syn a ball. I didn't have proper measurements etc just bunged it all in so I'm guessing at my quantities!!

100g dry weight bulgur wheat
4 WW sausages skins removed (2 syns)
One apple grated (2 syns)
Six fresh sage leaves finely chopped
Half a LARGE white onion Diced
Salt
Pepper

Pre Soak the bulgur wheat and let it cool a little then bung it all in a bowl and squish it all together with your hands. Fry light some baking paper on a tray. Form the stuffing into balls and place on the tray. They don't spread much but best leave a gap in case!! Spritz with a bit more fry light and pop in a medium oven. Or pack it into a lined loaf tin (husband wanted to line ours with bacon and create a skimming world stuffing terrine lol) Timing will depend on the size of your balls (sorry.....heheheheeee) but they go lovely and crunchy on the outside :)

Saved this into my phone memos, sounds lovely and I love stuffing balls!!! Great recipe x

griddled lamb steaks tonight with sw roasties, mixed vegetables, a yorkshire pudding (synned!) and some gravy which is also synned..tho not sure how many syns with gravy it gets confusing :/ lol
for pudding ill have a mint choc muller thats been in and out of the freezer so its like ice cream, on top of 4 mini meruinges (4syns) mmmmmm xxxx

Five spiced duck breast with stir fried veg sticks off SW website. It was delicious!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

ohblondone said:
Five spiced duck breast with stir fried veg sticks off SW website. It was delicious!

Yum, did you use dry rub or marinade it?. Cheers x

catmonkey said:
Yum, did you use dry rub or marinade it?. Cheers x

The sauce is made using honey, chilli, 5 spice, soy and balsamic vinegar. The duck is dry fried until almost cooked, the fat drained and then the sauce added. It's then cooked for a couple more minutes turning the duck over to make it all sticky. The skin is removed before its served. The veg sticks were fried in fry light, garlic and ginger. I had green beans, baby carrots, baby courgettes, mangetout and baby sweetcorn! Yummy!!!

Left over roast chicken and gammon served with steamed asparagus and salad. Problem: I'm starving, husband isn't, I have right hand in plaster so he's the cook. I got all the ingredients out and told him what to do and he returned to the sofa. I shall remain patient . . . mind over matter . . . I can't starve to death . . . can I?!

I'll give him 20 minutes and then: :copon:

Back