Whats for tea tonight?

Princess_Stevie said:
Thats a good idea, although I don't like sweet potato wedges. I like my wedges really crispy, and find sweet potato is always a bit soggy. I can only eat them like a baked potato, I'm so fussy lol!

Lol that's the problem isn't it! Mine are pretty soggy but I'm trying to perfect it hehe might buy an actifry today!

Lol that's the problem isn't it! Mine are pretty soggy but I'm trying to perfect it hehe might buy an actifry today!

Yeah I want an actifry too, they are the best inventions ever!! :) My C brought hers into group a few weeks ago when we did a taster night, and the chips were amazing!! She said you get a recipe book with it too which is pretty sw friendly if you make a few alterations (frylight instead of oil, etc.) She says she made a lovely risotto in it too. Adding it to my wishlist lol!

Nikki<3 said:

I got an Actifry delivered today from Amazon. They have them for £90. It says it isn't new, but it was, it just had the packaging missing. Just made some test chips and they were great.

I spend half the week with my SW God of a boyfriend, and the other half at my parents who are FEEDERS. Tonight is a parent night so I'm scared to say the least! I might insist on cooking, if I do it'll be grilled salmon, mustard mash and peas. Fingers crossed!

Princess_Stevie said:
Yeah I want an actifry too, they are the best inventions ever!! :) My C brought hers into group a few weeks ago when we did a taster night, and the chips were amazing!! She said you get a recipe book with it too which is pretty sw friendly if you make a few alterations (frylight instead of oil, etc.) She says she made a lovely risotto in it too. Adding it to my wishlist lol!

:-o I'd love something to make risotto in!! I hate standing stir stir stiring! Ooooo excited to buy one!

Nikki<3 said:
:-o I'd love something to make risotto in!! I hate standing stir stir stiring! Ooooo excited to buy one!

You can make risotto in a slow cooker if you have one :)

Keldelacoe said:
You can make risotto in a slow cooker if you have one :)

Oooo really?! I use my slow cooker for all sorts but never thought about a risotto!

Nikki<3 said:
Oooo really?! I use my slow cooker for all sorts but never thought about a risotto!

I have some risotto rice in but yet have never made one ... I randomly googled if you could do one in the slow cooker and there is loads of recipes ... Think it woud prob wrk better than the oven baked ones and the temp is low :)))

... Mmmm off to check out air fryers on amazon, I did a lot of research and I fancy one of those although I was told on here that brevil (sp) have bought one out and it's cheaper than the Actifry and air fryer

Nikki<3 said:

I love making Risotto. Very relaxing, plus Slimmingeats.com roast butternut risotto is so lovely so it's worth the effort!

Shirleen said:
I love making Risotto. Very relaxing, plus Slimmingeats.com roast butternut risotto is so lovely so it's worth the effort!

Think I'll have to give that one a go. I always do a garlic mushroom risotto which is delicious but I find it hurts my back standing and stiring.

Think I'm going to have a go of a fresh beet root one I have seen on bbc good food! Looks lovely :)

spagetti bolognese!!

Back