Whats for tea tonight?

Pasta n meatballs which seem to be getting bigger n bigger each time i do them lol might omit the pasta next time n do them as a red day!

jojogonnabeslim said:
Pasta n meatballs which seem to be getting bigger n bigger each time i do them lol might omit the pasta next time n do them as a red day!

Lol got a vision of a pile of pasta with a couple of burgers atop! :)

Thai style noodle soup made with Kara milk and assorted leftover veg.
oohhhh did it work? I thought of doing this and adding coconut essence maybe to bring out the taste more?

Baked bean lasagne and a big salad tonight. Probably followed by soaked scan bran and yogurt with strawberries melon. Trying to eat 2 scan bran a day!

I found the recipe for the baked bean lasagne and want to try, is it nice? :)

Linda McCartney Sausages, mashed swede and carrot with fried onions and gravy. All thanks to winning the Slimming World raffle this week :)

rachools said:
I found the recipe for the baked bean lasagne and want to try, is it nice? :)

I love it, its so easy and I make it differently each time as I chuck whatever veg I have handy into it. My OH made it tonight and he put some basil in too which was a tasty change :) (and its really cheap!) Xx

Was eating at my MIL's and had baked potato with a babybell light melted in, SW sausages (I took my own lol everyone else had full fat pork and apple) one small spoon of baked beans a corn cob and a big handful of herb salad cucumber and cherry toms. It was ok but not what I would have eaten at home!!! I had planned chicken and chorizo jambalaya!!!!!!

Enchiladas made with cannelloni pasta shells instead of tortilla wraps and big salad.

Cook for me and 3 friends and it went down a storm! Definitely one to make again!!

Attachments

• image-3133360331.jpg
    image-3133360331.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 127
212degrees said:
Enchiladas made with cannelloni pasta shells instead of tortilla wraps and big salad.

Cook for me and 3 friends and it went down a storm! Definitely one to make again!!

That is such a good idea using cannelloni instead of tortillas, will definatly be trying that one , thanks :)

212degrees said:

That sounds lovely!

It really was! It was a recipe I found on slimming eats but adapted, thought I'd share since I've just added it to my recipe app!

It's 1 x HE A & 1.5 Syns per serving on E.E

Serves 4.
Ingredients:

Enchilada Mix:
500g turkey mince
1.5 peppers, chopped
1 onion, chopped
Garlic
Fajita spice
Lea & Perrins
Black pepper
Oregano
65g Lowlow mature cheddar spread (approx 6 syns)
Cannelloni pasta shells (3-4 per person)

Sauce:
2 cups passata
4 tbsp tomato purée
Jalepinos (to taste, I use pickled jalepino slices and add quite a lot because I love hot food!)
1 x onion

120g cheddar (4 x HE A)

Directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200o
- In a large pan coated with fry light, fry mince, peppers & onion until the meat is no longer pink
- Add seasonings and mix through
- Stir in Lowlow until creamy
- Remove from heat
- Stuff each cannelloni shell with the meat mix and place on a baking tray or in an oven proof dish coated in fry light
- In a blender add all sauce ingredients & blend
- In a small saucepan heat the sauce whilst continually stirring until warmed through
- Pour sauce over the stuffed pasta evenly
- Top with the grated cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove foul and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden

Serve with salad.

So good and so low in Syns! I'm a happy bunny!

Attachments

• image-3419364080.jpg
    image-3419364080.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 103
ScarlettStar86 said:
Genius idea! Miss my fajitas/enchiladas SO much! X

I'm sure you could use pasta sheets (part cooked to fold over before baking) and make a more fajita style wrap with chunky chicken and pepper strips! Might try that next!

I don't like pasta usually but this works well and it's so full of flavour I don't mind it! X

Last night's dinner was butterflied leg of lamb marinaded in olive oil, garlic and rosemary and cooked on the BBQ, with garlic mushrooms, garlic and rosemary roasted funny shape potatoes (anya), carrotts and a red wine jus.

Back