Whats for tea tonight?

Alycyn1980 said:
Hi I just received this last week - you can get it from the Studio Website for £89.99 but there will be a delivery charge of £4.95 but you can pay it up from here if like me you are short on pennies!! I will say though that it is a LOT bigger than the picture looks!!!!!

Ahhhh yes it was you ally who mentioned it on another thread... Is it any good?

Ahhhh yes it was you ally who mentioned it on another thread... Is it any good?

Only used it a couple of times so far but impressed, it comes with a book of recipes but you can also get recipes from their webpage. I think there will be a lot of trial & error as I dont want to be using a tbs of oil all the time so going to try frylight and see how that turns out. Make Salt & Pepper chips and a sticky chilli chicken - both really nice :)

Alycyn1980 said:
Only used it a couple of times so far but impressed, it comes with a book of recipes but you can also get recipes from their webpage. I think there will be a lot of trial & error as I dont want to be using a tbs of oil all the time so going to try frylight and see how that turns out. Make
Salt & Pepper chips and a sticky chilli chicken - both really nice :)

I was asking about Actifry's yesterday and someone said they use the olive oil spray (1/2 syn for 7 sprays) 14 sprays for a whole pan of chips gives a good crunch for 1 syn.

How do you make your sticky chilli chicken please?

Yeah everybody uses fry light mostly with the actifry and I'm sure bunny lush says you don't use anything at all with the Philips air fryer (might be wrong though) I like the look of the airfryet but £200 I don't have :0

Tea tonight will be homemade EL beef & red onion burgers served with sw chips, salsa and coleslaw. Yummy!

Roast dinner..... beef and gammon with SW roast potatoes broccoli sugar snaps green beans and my homemade bulgur wheat sage an onion stuffing :) mmmmmmm!!! Happy fathers day hubby!!! They all have nanaimo cake for pudding but I'm having a baked apple with mince meat and a blob of WW cream. Mmmm!!!!

Hey, do you have the recipe for the stuffing? sounds good and I love stuffing but haven't had any on SW.

Thank you

Going to make chicken an chorizo paella from a recipe I stole from on minimins somewhere lol. Just debating whether I really need the saffron or if a pinch of turmeric and a pinch of paprika will work.....saffrons so expensive and it's a very subtle flavour anyway... Surely the chorizo will overpower it anyway???

You're right, saffron is mainly used for colour, doesnt add much flavour, especially if you have strong flavours elsewhere, and turmeric would have the same colour effect but slightly stronger and different flavour, should work fine though. Hope you enjoyed it, whatever you decided to use.

Steak, mushroom & onions in fry light and cauliflower cheese. Gonna give this new Lowlow spread a try :)

The cracked black pepper one is AMAZING melted on top of steak, had it a couple of days ago, so tasty. Not sure how much you can have as a HEXA though- think its 1/3 pot but I had 1/2 as had syns left over. My mouth is watering thinking about it, may pop out for some for tea tonight!!

Enjoy!

The cracked black pepper one is AMAZING melted on top of steak, had it a couple of days ago, so tasty. Not sure how much you can have as a HEXA though- think its 1/3 pot but I had 1/2 as had syns left over. My mouth is watering thinking about it, may pop out for some for tea tonight!!

Enjoy!

60g is a HExA - that's just less than half a pot! :)

Lol that's the problem isn't it! Mine are pretty soggy but I'm trying to perfect it hehe might buy an actifry today!

I bought one last week, they are amazing!! chips are crispy, haven't tried sweet potato ones yet, didnt even think about it! So thanks for the idea, how stupid am i? If you're interested ill try that out and let you know how they are!

It really was! It was a recipe I found on slimming eats but adapted, thought I'd share since I've just added it to my recipe app!

It's 1 x HE A & 1.5 Syns per serving on E.E

Serves 4.
Ingredients:

Enchilada Mix:
500g turkey mince
1.5 peppers, chopped
1 onion, chopped
Garlic
Fajita spice
Lea & Perrins
Black pepper
Oregano
65g Lowlow mature cheddar spread (approx 6 syns)
Cannelloni pasta shells (3-4 per person)

Sauce:
2 cups passata
4 tbsp tomato purée
Jalepinos (to taste, I use pickled jalepino slices and add quite a lot because I love hot food!)
1 x onion

120g cheddar (4 x HE A)

Directions:
- Pre-heat the oven to 200o
- In a large pan coated with fry light, fry mince, peppers & onion until the meat is no longer pink
- Add seasonings and mix through
- Stir in Lowlow until creamy
- Remove from heat
- Stuff each cannelloni shell with the meat mix and place on a baking tray or in an oven proof dish coated in fry light
- In a blender add all sauce ingredients & blend
- In a small saucepan heat the sauce whilst continually stirring until warmed through
- Pour sauce over the stuffed pasta evenly
- Top with the grated cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes
- Remove foul and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the cheese is golden

Serve with salad.

So good and so low in Syns! I'm a happy bunny!

Sounds so good!!! I LOVE mexican, but torillas are the one thing that are too high syns, could have 1 but who wants to have 1?! so i just go without!

holz_eb said:
Sounds so good!!! I LOVE mexican, but torillas are the one thing that are too high syns, could have 1 but who wants to have 1?! so i just go without!

Well now you don't have to! :) I love Mexican food but it is quite high in Syns but that's the fun of creating recipes :)

I've set myself a challenge to convert a meal I love to a slimming world friendly one once a week.

That's a really good idea, I've done it with a couple of things but not tortillas. Will definitely try it! Want to try fanta chicken too. I'm going to try a good low syn Thai green curry too as I love it but haven't managed a really good one yet as coconut milk is so high in syns- have tried using part low fat and part semi skimmed milk, just not right. Im going to try phili extra light. Any ideas? xx

I was asking about Actifry's yesterday and someone said they use the olive oil spray (1/2 syn for 7 sprays) 14 sprays for a whole pan of chips gives a good crunch for 1 syn.

How do you make your sticky chilli chicken please?

I made this on one of my bad days & was full of syns, I can post the recipe but I have yet to adapt to SW!!! Will copy it tomorrow :)

Back