Whats for tea tonight?

Baked bean lasagne, if I remember to buy some cheese

ScarlettStar86 said:
Trying petes peanut curry tonight, only just decides and I'm a bit more excited about it than is normal I think! Haha!

I had it yesterday for dinner
and used the leftovers as a omelet filling just now
It was ace ...and if anything better the next day
next time I will make it the night before

Beef stir fry contains beef, noodles, onions, red and orange peppers and carrots. Not sure if the veg is enough to make up 1/3 super free please advise. :)

Ooh yes please x

Here you go:
Satay Chicken, Serves: 4
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green* (*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green)

For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais

1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (I didn't have time to marinade and it make little difference!)

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas

3. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick) (I didn't bother just cut up chicken to bite size pieces, poured marinade over top and cooked slowly for about an 1 hour)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools. (I add generous helping chillies to give it at bit of a kick)

5. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauceingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

donnajt said:
Here you go:
Satay Chicken, Serves: 4
3 Syns on Original, Extra Easy and Green* (*Add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra on Green)

For the satay chicken:
454g diced chicken breast
2 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweetener
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp ground cumin
Fry Light
Satay/kebab skewers

For the sauce:
3 tbsp reduced fat peanut butter (smooth or crunchy)
120ml water
½ garlic clove, crushed
1 tbsp sweetener
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp very low fat fromage frais

1. Place the diced chicken into a dish or bowl. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and pour over the chicken. Cover and marinade in the fridge for at least 2 hours. (I didn't have time to marinade and it make little difference!)

2. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/Gas

3. Drain the chicken, then skewer the chunks onto the kebab sticks (usually 3-4 pieces per stick) (I didn't bother just cut up chicken to bite size pieces, poured marinade over top and cooked slowly for about an 1 hour)

3. Place on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and cook for 15-20 minutes until chicken is cooked.

4. Whilst the chicken is cooking, make the sauce by mixing the peanut butter, water and garlic together in a pan over a low heat. Heat until the sauce begins to thicken slightly, but don't worry if it seems runny as it will thicken as it cools. (I add generous helping chillies to give it at bit of a kick)

5. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and then add the remaining sauceingredients. Beat until smooth and serve together with the satay, hot or cold.

Sounds gorgeous thanks! X

Seeing as I have loads of anything goes pie left over I'm going to have that tonight and prepare my Caribbean stewed chicken for tommorow yummmm

The chicken pie from this months issue of SW magazine, mmm looks and smells good so far (have the filling in a pot bubbling away) only difference I've made is to make it without the green beans as I can't stand them :)

Back