Whats for tea tonight?

My tea
Chilli and lime stir fry
with mushroom chow mein and
Chocolate lime pudding ( recipes courtsey of Purplebint )

image-1574627593.jpg

Purplebint said:
Smokey lime chicken, hasselback potato and salad

This sounds and looks delish .... What's the reciepe ??? Please

This sounds and looks delish .... What's the reciepe ??? Please

I just get butterflied chicken breasts and panfry them with some frylite, once they're mostly cooked splash in a bit of liquid smoke (about a tbsp) and some lime juice (about 2tbsp) and cover the pan with a lid. The lime juice caramelises with the chicken juices and creates the browning effect, leave to cook on a low heat for a couple of mins, flip over re-cover and brown the other side. That's it, really easy :)

You can buy liquid smoke from Amazon for a couple of quid and it lasts ages.

those burgers sound fab, I love PPK. I think I'm going to browse their blog a bit whilst meal planning this eve :)

you would love her AFR book if you don't already have it. a few of the recipes on the site like the eggplant bacon are in but only a few, hubby eats everything but sometimes feels the need have a bit of meat thrown in a vegan recipe lol

Purplebint said:
I just get butterflied chicken breasts and panfry them with some frylite, once they're mostly cooked splash in a bit of liquid smoke (about a tbsp) and some lime juice (about 2tbsp) and cover the pan with a lid. The lime juice caramelises with the chicken juices and creates the browning effect, leave to cook on a low heat for a couple of mins, flip over re-cover and brown the other side. That's it, really easy :)

You can buy liquid smoke from Amazon for a couple of quid and it lasts ages.

Wow that sounds amazing ... I'll have a look on Amazon for it thanks x

Wow that sounds amazing ... I'll have a look on Amazon for it thanks x

This is similar to the ones I have - Stubbs Hickory Liquid Smoke - 148ml: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors I want to try the mesquite one too.

you would love her AFR book if you don't already have it. a few of the recipes on the site like the eggplant bacon are in but only a few, hubby eats everything but sometimes feels the need have a bit of meat thrown in a vegan recipe lol

I have AfR and the Veganomicon, chickpea gravy and lemony potatoes are two of my favourite things :) I always forget to check the blog though, I should add it to my blog reader. I'm still an omnivore but love the creativity of vegetarian/vegan cooking.

Mumma K said:
I had it yesterday for dinner
and used the leftovers as a omelet filling just now
It was ace ...and if anything better the next day
next time I will make it the night before

Just had my dinner- how did you manage to have leftovers?! I was practically licking my plate wanting more it was amazing! :)

I had bacon and onion quiche, sw chips, beans, mushrooms and tomatoes. The family had the same but I made them a 'normal' quiche with pastry cheese etc. I have to say i didn't feel deprived at all at not having the same.

Back